Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lets start off with this, brought the boat by for a oil change 2 days later get a call telling me my engine needs a new power steering cooler turbo line,and the emergency brake don't work...LOL...

all BS aside don at high power marine is the FOKIN man...what was to be just a weekend spent swapping a cam and lifters turned into almost a 2 month deal at no fault to the mech, got motor apart only to find a stuck valve on the heads and a bad rocker,no biggie get the heads done and we will try gain. well that also turned into a a mind fok. took them to a recommended shop in the sac area done in 3 days as planned. as don was going back together with the motor he noticed the spring retainer clips were mismatched on 8 of them and a couple not even seated right,then upon more investigating only 8 seats where replaced and used steel instead of bronze as told when dropped off,plus a broken bolt in one valve cover hole...arrrrrg...couldn't get the shop owner to call me back asap(still waiting to recover the cash spent with this place), so i took Don's recommendation and off to GROSS RACING they went and they knocked them out the box done everything right(thanks guys:))THumbsUp). motors back together all the goodies don had stashed away for me bolted on engine dropped in the boat,break-in and water test time... well that came to a rattling halt in 10 min, long story short-possibly wrong or faulty lifters(manf recommendation) destroyed brand new cam( everything is at the manf. being investigated). motor back out,torn back apart,bearings and everything else dropped back out for inspection and to clean out debris from engine. don wasted no time and was not waiting for manf. to figure it out, he pulled the trigger and had me all new parts in 24hrs( summit racing kicks ass) had the motor back together and in boat in 2.5 days was water testing on day 3, picked up boat last night and hit the water. motor is solid and runs like a mofo, dons says there still some fine tuning to be done maybe a lil prop testing but hell i am totally happy with it. in all in all Don kicked ass and rode the lightning with me on this weekend buddy project turn BS adventure. he kept me updated everyday and kept my phone full of photos, didn't think twice to anything he did and made this project happen by any means and did it between all his other projects and jobs. Gotta respect that!! BIG THANK YOU TO DON FOR RIDING IT OUT WITH ME!! ALSO THANKS TO THE TREE HOUSE GUYS FOR LETTING IT HAPPEN! BIG THANK YOU TO GROSS RACING FOR MAKING THE HEADS CORRECT AND PUTTING YOUR TOUCH ON THEM. AND TO MRS DUNSTER FOR PUTTING UP WITH OUR GARAGE BS...LOL... I THINK ITS 7&7 TIME...

MOTOR WENT FROM THIS NICE STOCK 454 RECT PORT MAG
Dodwell 240 002.jpg

TO THIS NICE MILD BUILT 454 W/BIGGER CAM AND SOME HEAD WORK/ PLUS SOME CUTE BOLT ON'S
imagejpeg_0.jpg
imagejpeg_0(3).jpg
imagejpeg_1.jpg
imagejpeg_2.jpg
imagejpeg_1(1).jpg
imagejpeg_0(2).jpg
IMG_9927.jpg
imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No surprise to me, Don's the man.

Well......? How much faster is it??
ill answer that in the near future just happy to have the turd back on the water,there's more heart beat to the motor:))THumbsUp

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
winspeed I tried the other way but rubber band was to short!
I think it runs better with the backward motor, it crazy how if you advance the timing so far it changes the rotation...lol the day cruiser is defiantly a runner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts