Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lowered truck to haul the boat around.......

Or is everybody in the 4x4's

Post up your thoughts...............:D

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
use a 4x4 just for the fact of always trying to go to new places and not sure of the ramp condition, also with the water level dropping in some places (lake mead) its nice to not have the water in the cab due to being hire. i would say it doesnt matter what you have it depends on where your towing and launching..

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last time i went to Mohave , i had to back way..... out at Telephone cove .

I was in my 2 wd Dodge and didn't like it. Now im looking for a nice 4x4 Chebby:)devil

I dont want to be limited due to a lowered truck

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
there you have it you have answered your own thread, did you stay at a holiday inn express last night???is it going to be a gas engine???oh sorry its a chebby but hey atleats it will match the boat..

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
Only a 4x4 for me. I would rather have it and not need it. Then need it and not have it. :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there you have it you have answered your own thread, did you stay at a holiday inn express last night???is it going to be a gas engine???oh sorry its a chebby but hey atleats it will match the boat..

I was just curiouse on what others used because of being limited. It sucks.

But lowered truck are cool if your just cruizin them..

Yeah gas engine , really want an older chebby, i love the body syle:)devil

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
I was just curiouse on what others used because of being limited. It sucks.

But lowered truck are cool if your just cruizin them..

Yeah gas engine , really want an older chebby, i love the body syle:)devil
ya there cool for cruizin, i think thats about it, what year are you lokking for????

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya there cool for cruizin, i think thats about it, what year are you lokking for????
from 73-95 I have been looking on Craigslist here locally but its all been JUNK and they act like its one of a kind truckReality Im looking at havasu right now, maybe even an old blazer would be cool

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
from 73-95 I have been looking on Craigslist here locally but its all been JUNK and they act like its one of a kind truckReality Im looking at havasu right now, maybe even an old blazer would be cool
my favorite chevy 4x4 is 85 to 87..i think in 87 the went to fuel injection..:D

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
you will need a gas cap for the drivers side. pics seem to show it in ok shape. also shows low miles but if anything goes wrong then you can work on it..new tires there is a grand or close to it..doesnt seem to bad maybe alittle high for the year..then again i am selling a 33 y.o boat for 10 k..good luck. seems like it would serve the purpose your looking for..did you look in the vegas area??

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah , i think i will raise my offer a lil bit. I dont think i low balled him, i checked KBB first and it says about 3K i offered a lil more.

Vegas, no i work 7 days a week and cant get away, although i did look at Craigslist in Vegas. You guys have nicer stuff up there

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Yeah , i think i will raise my offer a lil bit. I dont think i low balled him, i checked KBB first and it says about 3K i offered a lil more.

Vegas, no i work 7 days a week and cant get away, although i did look at Craigslist in Vegas. You guys have nicer stuff up there
if you see something you like up here i can take a look and take pics for ya if need be..

·
New here
4,219 Posts
A lowered truck to haul the boat around.......

Or is everybody in the 4x4's

Post up your thoughts...............:D
No problems here. My previous dropped dually ('98) towed a 21' Malibu tourny boat for several years to all ramps and never a problem.

Anyone who has seen me with the boat in tow, launching or retrieving, can testify that there is no problem with 2wd.

Most any ramp is not made specifically for 4wd vehicles. There are motorhomes, toter-homes, all kinds of vehicles that launch at all ramps.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
i prefer four wheel drive. but if you have a 2wd with limited slip you should have no problems. i had a chev 1500 before my diesel 4x4 and it struggled to get my 23 footer out of the water cause only one wheel had traction. i believe all 2wd duallys are equiped with limited slip diffs as are all 1 ton p/u's someone correct me if im wrong. which could be why beer 30 never had problems not sure just sayin. all i know is that my 01 chebby 1500 got my boat out but was pissed at me when it was over and let me tell you on a slick ramp with only one wheel spinnin....... holy crap that sucks. ive had to have friend stand on the bumper while i pulled my boat out for that extra traction.

plaster dave hit the nail on the head: id rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.:)devil

1 - 20 of 48 Posts