Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we voted for no increased taxes, now they are protesting in Sacramento over budget cuts. I can't seem to remember, what's the alternative?

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
The alternative is for the dirt bags in Sacramento to man up and cut some of the bullshit spending programs they use to buy votes.:|err:|err

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
The alternative is for the dirt bags in Sacramento to man up and cut some of the bullshit spending programs they use to buy votes.:|err:|err
Over 300 commissions and advisory boards (whos members often make 6 figures and have full staffs) that serve no real purpose other than as BS jobs for termed out politicians, staffers, and supporters. When they are all suspended, then I MIGHT start to believe that our legislature is working for us again...Perhaps.:)sphss

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts

That is exactly the alternative.

Just like everyone else has had to do, cut spending and figure out how to get the best value from the money you do have to spend.

Just like everyone else has to do.

Brian

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
The government will never do it. Those bastards will find another way to increase taxes.

That is exactly the alternative.

Just like everyone else has had to do, cut spending and figure out how to get the best value from the money you do have to spend.

Just like everyone else has to do.

Brian

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
The government will never do it. Those bastards will find another way to increase taxes.
I never insinuated "they" would. I was just saying what the rest of us have had to do when the money slowed coming in.

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
The Biotches ought to tell the "Toad Lickin', Tree Huggin', Rasta Hair wearin', Eco Nazis" to shove it:)devil and drill. Drill like there is no tomorrow. Onshore, Offshore, Set reservoirs and dams, Cut trees and refine crude. Legalize the weed and tax the schiat out of it.

Bring back the jobs, the taxpayers and the economy. Build Hummers and earth moving equipment. Store water, sell it and Farm the valley!

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Earn it.....$$$$

About 2 weeks and 10 CHP cars and 6 Motor cops on the 14 highway into LA from Palmdale, 4AM until 7AM, could write 50 tickets an hour for speeds over 85.:|err:|err That long down hill allows the import shit boxes to fly along that stretch of road. 150 tickets daily, X 10 work days=1500 tickets X $500-$600 each, 3/4 mil in 2 weeks!!!!!.......And those AV clowns on that road still wouldn't slow down, so they could do it again.......(OK, so I don't like being almost ran over while towing down that hill at the stupid 55 speed limit).......Still, 3/4 mil, twice a month, (skip a week, and do it again), could put a dent in the deficit in a few months time. Not to mention all the impounds due to unlicensed drivers and un insured drivers......OK rant over.... Sorry if I offended any AV board members....Ray

·
I don't feel tardy
845 Posts
About 2 weeks and 10 CHP cars and 6 Motor cops on the 14 highway into LA from Palmdale, 4AM until 7AM, could write 50 tickets an hour for speeds over 85.:|err:|err That long down hill allows the import shit boxes to fly along that stretch of road. 150 tickets daily, X 10 work days=1500 tickets X $500-$600 each, 3/4 mil in 2 weeks!!!!!.......And those AV clowns on that road still wouldn't slow down, so they could do it again.......(OK, so I don't like being almost ran over while towing down that hill at the stupid 55 speed limit).......Still, 3/4 mil, twice a month, (skip a week, and do it again), could put a dent in the deficit in a few months time. Not to mention all the impounds due to unlicensed drivers and un insured drivers......OK rant over.... Sorry if I offended any AV board members....Ray
Not offended at all Ray. It is pretty much the same going north on 14 from Lancaster to Edwards AFB. :|err

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Not offended at all either. I drive that drive 5 days a week and you are right (they don't call that strech "The Car Killer" for nothing). Because I have to drive it so much, I can't afford to be one of those idiots that do 85+ . The only thing I would differ with you on is the autos that the idiots mostly drive. Eight times out of ten the morons I see weaving in and out at high speeds are in SUVs or Pickups...

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Revenue

Not offended at all Ray. It is pretty much the same going north on 14 from Lancaster to Edwards AFB. :|err
Not offended at all either. I drive that drive 5 days a week and you are right (they don't call that strech "The Car Killer" for nothing). Because I have to drive it so much, I can't afford to be one of those idiots that do 85+ . The only thing I would differ with you on is the autos that the idiots mostly drive. Eight times out of ten the morons I see weaving in and out at high speeds are in SUVs or Pickups...
So you both agree there is revenue to be made IF the CHP would back off "Deuce patrols" after mid night, and concentrate a whole bunch or LE resources in that area in the early morning hours instead.......A speeding ticket for 20+ over the limit is 5-600 bucks!! Maybe the Gov could tie up with the various insurance companies to get a cut of the increased ins rates!!!! The money is out there if the state pulls their heads out of the sand and just does their jobs............Ray

1 - 12 of 12 Posts