Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Dart Big M block 9.8 deck 4.500 bore and good steel crank 4.00 stroke?

Jim S
Check racingjunk.com or ebay. I bought my Dart Big M for a very nice price on ebay!!!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts

Jim S
who's gotta dart block hookup would've been a better thread starter:D;)

·
Just another Wannabe
1,208 Posts
I have a dart big M. Brand new. 9.800 deck Set at 4.600 bore. 55mm roller cam bearings and jesel keyway lifter bores. first two grand takes it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I heard you needed a good crank? Let sme know....

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Dart

I have a 10.200 / 4.500 brand new with steel 4 bolt caps. $2100..... Matching intake for Dominator also $325 new

·
Registered
133 Posts

Jim S
A Big-M Sportsman block all machined,Decked, Line honed, lifter bores clearanced, bored and plate honed is 2595.00 and shipped free till October 1st after that there will be flat rate charge of 100 dollars on BBC and 75 on SBC any where in the U.S.

A Big-M billet cap block all machined is 2995.00

To Blue print bore the cam tunnel over size is 500 dollars and to machine lifter bores to .875 or .904 is 250.00

All our block machining is done in a HAAS 4-axis CNC machining center and here is a link on blue printing a block I did years ago.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93124

Here is what has to checked on the Big-M blocks
Some block notes:
I deck all of them to a finished number depending on gasket & desired piston height
Block needs to be honed with a plate or bored & honed depending on bore
Bottoms of bores need to be chamfered
Most need the lifter bores honed, at the least checked
Most need line honing
All pipe threads need to be retapped
Oil return from fuel pump cavity needs to be done
Core plug holes need deburiing
CHECK THAT THE DISTRIBUTOR GEAR DOES NOT CONTACT THE BLOCK BY THE CAM. There is a big cast blob down there you may want to relieve.
You can machine the gear to clear if you forget but it is nicer to fix the block if necessary
Check all the timing bolt holes with air, some may go into water. Same with the motor mount bolts.
Do not use restrictors in the internal oil passages or if you must at the least drill them to about .100

1 - 10 of 10 Posts