Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Owner/Crew Chief
416 Posts
Don't they reduce flow?
To compensate for the veins thickness/reduction in volume,the bowl is increased in volume a proportional amount. The veins, stators, are in the bowl for two basic reasons ... one to 'straighten' (actually to counter the flow coming off the impeller) and, two, more importantly, to direct the water to the outer inner surface of the bowl so as to accelerate the velocity of the water so as to its increase pressure as it moves into the smaller portion of the rear of the bowl into the more confining droop/snoot and nozzle which increases the pressure even more.

·
Spiral out
1,388 Posts
To compensate for the veins thickness/reduction in volume,the bowl is increased in volume a proportional amount. The veins, stators, are in the bowl for two basic reasons ... one to 'straighten' (actually to counter the flow coming off the impeller) and, two, more importantly, to direct the water to the outer inner surface of the bowl so as to accelerate the velocity of the water so as to its increase pressure as it moves into the smaller portion of the rear of the bowl into the more confining droop/snoot and nozzle which increases the pressure even more.
I thought the increase in velocity.....lowers the pressure.....jus sayin.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Don't they reduce flow?

Yes but how to you propose having a internal and external shell on a bowl with out the veins. You have to hold the outside and inside rigid some how. Other wise the back end of that pump shaft is gonna bounce all over the place... I would think...

·
Owner/Crew Chief
416 Posts
I thought the increase in velocity.....lowers the pressure.....jus sayin.
Increased velocity into a decreasing smaller volume creates higher pressure, yes? ..... 'packing effect' .......

Yes, the veins in the bowl designs currently available provide support for the rear bearing and are necessary in that aspect, but, as I posted above they have other functions inherent to their design ....... who knows what someone might come up with in the future.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
I thought it was funny :)

S CP :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.