Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
"SELF MADE" broke dick
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been toying with the idea of buying a Rhino. Last night I emailed a few sellers with some offers and woke up this morning to some rude replies. Yes in some cases I did offer 2K less then what they were asking but it was just an offer. I don't understand why people get so worked up over this. I've sold many things and have received lots of offers for less then what I was asking but was just glad I was getting offers and didn't fly off the deep end when someone low balled me. Call me a dirt bag but when it comes to buying something I want to spend as little money as possible.

I think I'll make my offers even lower today and see how many sellers I can piss off......:D:D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Call me a dirt bag but when it comes to buying something I want to spend as little money as possible.
Dirtbag. :D :D :D

And a cheap ass dirtbag at that. :D :D :D

Thinking of joining the Rhino nation huh??? :)

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
So I've been toying with the idea of buying a Rhino. Last night I emailed a few sellers with some offers and woke up this morning to some rude replies. Yes in some cases I did offer 2K less then what they were asking but it was just an offer. I don't understand why people get so worked up over this. I've sold many things and have received lots of offers for less then what I was asking but was just glad I was getting offers and didn't fly off the deep end when someone low balled me. Call me a dirt bag but when it comes to buying something I want to spend as little money as possible.

I think I'll make my offers even lower today and see how many sellers I can piss off......:D:D
they're mad cause their shiz not sell'n,

·
Registered
264 Posts

Those same people will be doing the same thing when they sell there rhino and go to purchase their next toy. Your right at least there getting offers.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Not for what these crazy mofo's are asking.....:D
I'd sell you mine, but I'm afraid of what you'd come in and lowball with. :D

There are some deals out there, granted now is a bad time to buy as it's coming into the season. Wait a couple months, like into January when the Christmas bills start to hit and then shop. :D

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
You beat me to it....lol

No Name....It is just like 2Forceful said...They are just pissed their overpriced stuff is not selling. Hey, at least you gave them an opportunity to sell it. If their stuff is priced right it will sale...if not it will sit there. Go back in a couple of weeks and make a lower offer to them :)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Why not copy and paste some of these replies? Might be a good read. ;)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
You beat me to it....lol

No Name....It is just like 2Forceful said...They are just pissed their overpriced stuff is not selling. Hey, at least you gave them an opportunity to sell it. If their stuff is priced right it will sale...if not it will sit there. Go back in a couple of weeks and make a lower offer to them :)
Yep, just give it enough time and they will be calling you asking if you are still interested.... Times are tough for a lot of people, they are still very proud of their toys.....
"Well I have this and that much invested in my toy and I will be damned if I sell it for that low ball offer" a few weeks later RING RING, hello buddy, were you still interested in buying my?

If they could just say thanks for the offer but I am looking to get xxx much out of it or I want to hold out for a higher offer, if I don't get anything do you want me to call you back or not?

To simple of an idea.......Keep calling them back...lower and lower each call..

·
"SELF MADE" broke dick
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go back in a couple of weeks and make a lower offer to them :)
That's what I always do. We just bought my Wife a new car a month ago and I offered the guy less then what he was asking. He got pissed and said no way. Long story short, three weeks later I ended up getting it for a 1,000.00 less then what I offered him originally....:D

Buyers market!

·
Banned
4,599 Posts

·
adjones419
1,064 Posts
I've noticed that when I'm looking to buy something, the guy selling thinks it's worth its weight in gold. When I have something to sell, however, it's not worth anything. How does that work?

You're right, they shouldn't be rude or offended. A kind "no thanks" or "let's split the difference and meet in the middle" would suffice. I'm sure no one is beating down any doors to buy a Rhino these days.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
That's what I always do. We just bought my Wife a new car a month ago and I offered the guy less then what he was asking. He got pissed and said no way. Long story short, three weeks later I ended up getting it for a 1,000.00 less then what I offered him originally....:D

Buyers market!
Post the ad that you are talking about and maybe we could all call and make even lower offers. Each call would be lower and so forth. That ought to drive them over the edge :)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Sorry but I don't kiss and tell........:D:D

Unless she's really HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....:D:D

That's where the real creative people copy the meat of the email, leaving out things like names, numbers or email addresses. :D

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
I think negotiation is a lost art.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts