Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a faithful Browns fan for 45 years. I survived "the drive", went ballistic at "the fumble". It can be argued that my reaction to "the fumble" was a direct cause for my first divorce. :)sphss

Every year the changes are supposed to show improvement. This year, the hiring of Mangini, Quinn starting and so on were supposed to have immediate results. Well, they have. It is EASILY the worst Browns starting team I have seen in years. What a complete and total disgrace to Pro-football this team is.
Is there ANY hope? And if so, what will it take to change this team for the better??

Save the slams, I have heard (and administered) them for decades. I am serious, what will it take??

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have been a faithful Browns fan for 45 years. I survived "the drive", went ballistic at "the fumble". It can be argued that my reaction to "the fumble" was a direct cause for my first divorce. :)sphss

Every year the changes are supposed to show improvement. This year, the hiring of Mangini, Quinn starting and so on were supposed to have immediate results. Well, they have. It is EASILY the worst Browns starting team I have seen in years. What a complete and total disgrace to Pro-football this team is.
Is there ANY hope? And if so, what will it take to change this team for the better??

Save the slams, I have heard (and administered) them for decades. I am serious, what will it take??
It will take finding a new team.

·
Will work for Boat
790 Posts
It think it's the city.
The original Browns won a Superbowl once they moved to Baltimore...and changed their name to the Ravens.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I hear there is going to be a new stadium in the City of Industry.

And I can feel your pain...it must be the after Marty syndrome.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Because the city is broke, the region is broke and they can afford a decent player for shit. 45 years as a fan, you're asking now? Cleveland has been the poorest city in the nation for decades, and if you live in Columbus, it seems that the loyalty went to the Bengals. Cleveland sucks. The Rock and Roll hall of Fame is a ghost town, and so is the football HOF.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It think it's the city.
The original Browns won a Superbowl once they moved to Baltimore...and changed their name to the Ravens.

Actually, to Me the original Browns ended in 1963, the year Art Modell fired Paul Brown. (And my first trip to a Browns game!)

It doesn't seem to matter who is in the front office, who is coaching, or who is on the field. The City is behind the Browns as much or more than any City and Team.
But they just seem to ALWAYS suck!! The coaching history reads like a Who's who of coaching. Byner goes to Washington and 7 Pro Bowls after the fumble. Belichek, 'nuff said there.
What will it take to get a championship team again?
I think Parcells for 2-3 years and 100% control could do it, maybe.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because the city is broke, the region is broke and they can afford a decent player for shit. 45 years as a fan, you're asking now? Cleveland has been the poorest city in the nation for decades, and if you live in Columbus, it seems that the loyalty went to the Bengals. Cleveland sucks. The Rock and Roll hall of Fame is a ghost town, and so is the football HOF.

Probably accurate on all counts.:mad:

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Browns

I am like you! I cant take it anymore, they look worse then they ever have I almost dont even wnat to watch football anymore. I have been a browns fan all my life and i am tired of the product put on the field. I went to the game in denver last week and was on the verge of being embarrased due to there total melt down. I am not sure what to do or think anymore!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
In 2008 they had the 6th highest payroll in the NFL, so they are spending the money. The problem seems to be what they are spending it on, $8,000,000 for Derek Anderson for example.
IMHO, it starts with ownership. They have to put the right GM in place to get the right coach together with the right players for that system. The Browns have seemed to have trouble with that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
In 2008 they had the 6th highest payroll in the NFL, so they are spending the money. The problem seems to be what they are spending it on, $8,000,000 for Derek Anderson for example.
IMHO, it starts with ownership. They have to put the right GM in place to get the right coach together with the right players for that system. The Browns have seemed to have trouble with that.
You hit the nail on the head. It all starts at the top, doesn't matter if you are talking pro sports or big time corporation or anything in between.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
The Browns and the Lions......Can't ask for more loyal fans. Gotta be the ownership.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Maybe if we could get the Rams(suffering again) and the Browns to play each week we could both win a few games:D but then again maybe not, they would probably tie.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Detroit is actually a pretty good team.
Cleveland would lose by, Oh, 20 points or so?
BUT then they would beat the Giants again the next week.
Remember Monday night last year? Game 3 or 4? They obliterated the Giants on Monday night, the SB champs. Then I think they lost handily to the Bengals the following week?
This is the dyslexia I speak of.
And what the hell is up with Quinn? Did He forget how to play riding the bench for 2 years?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts