Performance Boats Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why I hate cops!!!!

9K views 101 replies 43 participants last post by  River Pig 
#1 ·
I knew this would get your attention....

I realy don't hate cops as a few are friends, but I find it funny how every time someone post about a ticket.
It turns into a cop bashing or your a dikkkhead and deserve it thread.......

This is why I do not trust cops though...

1. My first ticket I was 17 and had a Chevy Luv truck, you know a pile of crap with a four cyl, 4 speed, barely be able to do 75mph.
Well I pulled out from a side street onto a major highway before I could get into 4th gear, a CHP put the lights on me.
I'm scared and thinking what I did???
He pulls me over just past a bridge, (he lighted me 25ft before the bridge)
He gets out to yell at me for not stopping right away, and I told him I thought better then to park on the bridge with no sideparking...
Then I ask hom what I did wrong????
He told me speeding, I was doing 70mph.
I said sir, I was only doing about 45 asI was only in 3rd gear.
he said shut up and your getting a ticket.....

I went back later to drive it again from the spot I left to the bridge and could never get it past 50mph.
I told this to the judge and he did not care that the amount I traveled was less then 1/8 mile. (from the road I pulled out to the bridge)

2. I had a pro street Camaro (early 70)
got lighted doing about 35-40 on a 50mph road...
Cop walks up and says, "do you know why I pulled you over???"
Nope ,I say
your front tire went on the yellow line back there at the turn, said the cop.
I said , sorry I did not see it, but I was trying not to get into that big pothole on the corner.

Well I have to give you a ticket said the cop.
I said Did I cross over the line??
Cop said , you went far enough for me, here's your ticket.....

These are some of my first tickets, One was an outright lie and the other was B.S.

I have had many other tickets and I deserved them, and maybe got away with a few things.

But one thing for sure, I have NEVER put other peole at danger with my actions.
Every ticket I got was for crap things, other then a few speeding ticket (never more then 10mph over the limit)

So, I understand that people are pissed at cops and it will get worse, cops will be told to get more revenue and they will, because the want their jobs.

I read somewhere that last year was the highest violent death rate for cops across the country.
Are you surprized???

I wasn't, peolple are geting tired of the "Police State" we are living in and what we are becoming. The law makers are using the police to strong arm the country and people are getting real mad, they are/will take it out on cops.
And no I do not condone it, these cops have moms,dads,wifes,husbands,kids,etc,etc.

I know cops do not make the laws, but harrasing people for the little things, while next door the house is getting robbed,is what most get pissed about.
Why are they bothering people with the small stuff while the big stuff gets ignored.
I to think it is about money, easy money rules.....
The cops do have a choice to give "real" deserving tickets or revenue tickets...
How they treat the community is the standard how the community treats them.

Trying to leave this post on a funny note...

The oddest ticket I ever got, a cop pulled up behind me in a Taco Bell drive through. About two weeks later, I got a ticket for expired plates.
Cop never even got out his car.......

Johnny

See less See more
#5 ·
I don't "hate" cops either as they are doing their job and it can be thankless to say the least. I am friends with some and have witnessed a fair share of cops that feel they are above not only the law but feel road rights are theirs to abuse as well for no apparent reason.

Here is my bitch!
What happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty....last I knew a cop couldn't come into a trial and say the perp did something without proof. Where is the documented proof...not just here is what I think I saw.
Defense Lawyer
"Do you have any video and mph graphics?"
"Was radar recorded and saved to show in court?"

It's all about proof not hear say!

#10 ·
"I know cops do not make the laws, but harrasing people for the little things, while next door the house is getting robbed,is what most get pissed about.
Why are they bothering people with the small stuff while the big stuff gets ignored."

Randy Kraft was pulled over for a VERY minor traffic violation......in his car was a dead Marine. Randy was one of the most prolific killers of our time. Taken down by a minor traffic violation. Happens ALL the time.

#12 ·
Randy Kraft was pulled over for a VERY minor traffic violation......in his car was a dead Marine. Randy was one of the most prolific killers of our time. Taken down by a minor traffic violation. Happens ALL the time.
Yes, the could not catch him, because all the time they were harrasing people for minor traffic violations, instead of looking for killers.......

Yea, just another excuse for cops to pull people over,"you never know what we will find"

Sorry, but violating my rights for this reason is B.S.

johnny

#11 ·
I must be really fortunate cause I have been let go with warnings way more times than I have gotten cited. At 40, I can count all the tickets I have gotten in one hand and I could not tell you how many times I have been let off since I was 16 years old. I have a high respect for police officers and never lie to them. When I know why I am getting pulled over, I tell them, yes, I say sorry I will not do it again and they let me go. Nobody likes to be lied to, specially somebody with such a hard job.

#13 ·
I had a couple of officers come up to me at my shop yesterday evening. They wanted to check around the property, they were looking for a kid with a bloody smashed up face. I offered them a cold beer and let them check out the area. As they were leaving my buddy asked what should we do if we see the dude with the smashed up face. One officer smiles and said tell him to learn how to fight. :)devil I am a big fan of the Law and treat them like equals. Hell you never know, probably 1 or 2 on this site shootin the shit right now.:D

#14 ·
1. My first ticket I was 17 and had a Chevy Luv truck, you know a pile of crap with a four cyl, 4 speed, barely be able to do 75mph.
Well I pulled out from a side street onto a major highway before I could get into 4th gear, a CHP put the lights on me.
I'm scared and thinking what I did???
He pulls me over just past a bridge, (he lighted me 25ft before the bridge)
He gets out to yell at me for not stopping right away, and I told him I thought better then to park on the bridge with no sideparking...
Then I ask hom what I did wrong????
He told me speeding, I was doing 70mph.
I said sir, I was only doing about 45 asI was only in 3rd gear.
he said shut up and your getting a ticket.....
In Daytona Beach my friend was clocked at 49 after making a left hand turn from a stop light. The cop was a bike cop down the road a bit, they were pulling over basically every student with a sporty looking car like a ford mustang. He was in second gear and probably doing 27ish (I looked at the speed as soon as I saw the cop) in a 35 when the cop flaged him down. We tried to re-create this 49 mph in basically 100 feet (if that) and yeah it's not possible.

#16 ·
You think I hate cops, dude you re so wrong....

Just do not like the corruption for money issue..

Its like lets see...
HMMMMM, what kind of law can we pass to get more ticket money????
It is very seldom about public safety... "IT IS ABOUT COLLECTING MONEY"

I do not care where the money goes, as cops say they do not get it.
Some one does and thats the problem...
Many of the B.S. laws are made just to collect money... and IT WORKS!!!!!

The City's know it.
Cops know it.
People know it...............

Wait untill we live like Russia 50 years ago where everywhere you go you had to show paperwork and "pay" a small fee...

We are getting there, think about all the laws for collecting revenue that are on the books now.

People in 1950 would say you were "nuts" if showed it to them what our system would be like in 2010...

This is why I fight for my rights...

Johnny

#19 ·
When I lived in Menefee,
My next door buddy is/was a Border Patrol agent.
We went out for a couple of beers one night, he had a built 5.0 Mustang he was proud of.
Had to do a nice burnout as we left the bar....
Next thing you know CHP was on our rear with no red light.....
Next thing you know the CHP hits the brakes and does a u-turn...
My buddy laughs and said "he must have ran my plates and got blocked...."

Yea, some do abuse the system, some don't...

Johnny

#26 ·
I've often wondered what possesses someone to become a cop.

Rarely is anyone happy to see you.They spend the majority of their time writing reorts (aka essay's - did they really enjoy there sophomore English class that much?). While the bad guys get away and the good guys get hassled.

Just sayin'

#32 ·
I have many friends that are LAPD & Sheriff, they are all cool & fun to hang with. There's assholes in every profesion, now CHP they are a diferent breed:|err:)hammers. Anyone with commercial trucks be aware, they are writing tickets for everything posible. They are writing bullshit tickets now because they know most are going to pay it & be done. California needs revenue in a bad way.

#33 ·
I took a report a few weeks back where firemen were most definitely not the heros. On their way back from a call, they drove by a man beating the hell out of a woman. The call was a "fire department assist". It said. Fire is witnessing an assault, requesting police. After interviewing the victim I talked to the captain. He said, we were driving back to our station when we saw this guy standing over this lady. The guy was wailing on her face (the captain demonstrates by shadow boxing). Then he says. So we drove down to the corner and called you guys. We didn't want to get involved. When the guy (the suspect) left in his car we went back to check on her.

I almost couldn't believe it. Yes, I know its not his job, but really???? They're in a big ass fire truck loaded three big strapping firemen and couldn't even stop and yell at the guy. I don't know. I'm sure people can defend what they did but it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Anyway. Back to crappy cops. I'll be the first to agree that not all cops are friendly. But most are. I haven't written a ticket in probably 8 months. I have pulled numerous people over. Blowing red lights, speed, almost hitting me. Blah blah blah. I feel most of the time that a warning does wonders. The fright of being pulled over is crapy enough. I treat respectful people respectfully.

Some cops are jerks, others on power trips (usually the new ones) but not all. Some are just working a traffic detail where there is a zero tolerance policy. Lots to consider. By the way. The vast majority of money form a ticket written with California Vehicle Codes goes to the state, not the city. It's different when getting a cite with the city's municipal codes. Those aren't moving violations anyway.

#38 ·
I took a report a few weeks back where firemen were most definitely not the heros. On their way back from a call, they drove by a man beating the hell out of a woman. The call was a "fire department assist". It said. Fire is witnessing an assault, requesting police. After interviewing the victim I talked to the captain. He said, we were driving back to our station when we saw this guy standing over this lady. The guy was wailing on her face (the captain demonstrates by shadow boxing). Then he says. So we drove down to the corner and called you guys. We didn't want to get involved. When the guy (the suspect) left in his car we went back to check on her.

I almost couldn't believe it. Yes, I know its not his job, but really???? They're in a big ass fire truck loaded three big strapping firemen and couldn't even stop and yell at the guy. I don't know. I'm sure people can defend what they did but it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Anyway. Back to crappy cops. I'll be the first to agree that not all cops are friendly. But most are. I haven't written a ticket in probably 8 months. I have pulled numerous people over. Blowing red lights, speed, almost hitting me. Blah blah blah. I feel most of the time that a warning does wonders. The fright of being pulled over is crapy enough. I treat respectful people respectfully.

Some cops are jerks, others on power trips (usually the new ones) but not all. Some are just working a traffic detail where there is a zero tolerance policy. Lots to consider. By the way. The vast majority of money form a ticket written with California Vehicle Codes goes to the state, not the city. It's different when getting a cite with the city's municipal codes. Those aren't moving violations anyway.

This story is played out EVERYDAY in every city....
This is sooooo true

#39 · (Edited)
I try to stay neutral on liking/not liking cops - to me that isn't the issue. I would have started this thread with a statement that goes like this: "Why I fear cops"

Remember, we live in a country where the police taser 6 year olds/small children.

In the City of Riverside recently the Chief of Police wrecked his city car apparently under the influence of something, and only minutes before had been stopped by the police and let go. What would of happened to the average citizen? I'm sure the outcome would have been very different.

We really need citizen review boards to start looking at claims of abuse and other issues - not the conflicted DA's office or some internal office in the police department. But between the unions and the fact the legal system has become big business justice for the average person is elusive to say the least.

That's why I never refer to our 'system' as a Justice System, but rather as a legal system - I think justice is to strong of a word since for the average citizen the legal system is a meat grinder.

Still, I think the police are as if not more dangerous to the typical citizen as a common criminal.

#40 · (Edited)
I Decided in 1966....

I decide in 1960 that COP's were all ASSHOLES. 50 years later, I haven't changed my mind.

My son was 16 and I gave him my daughter's Toyota. He comes around the corner was the car's ass dragging, he'd got three big ass football players in the car.

I say, "We're going to buy you a truck, a big one." We get a Chevy truck raised up and a bench seat. Three seat belts. I say we're going to Selman Chevy and get a 4th seat belt. We install the 4th belt. That same day a cop stops my son and says, "Let's see you blets!" He shows the cop his 4 belts and the cops say, "You were going around the corner too fast." My son fought the ticket and won.

Same son, different day...Driving in a construstion zone. Cop gives him a ticket for going 45 in a 25 MPH construction zone. Son goes to court and asks the judge what was the survey speed for the construction zone??? The cop says, "Your honor, this was during lunch hour." The judges goes, "What???? What does the speedlimit have to do with lunch hour??? Dismissed."

Last week, Chad got $496 back on a ticket from a photo ticket. HE appealed. He asked if the city had a "PLAN" or "Certificate" on file for the camera??? The answer was "NO"...City don't have to follow the law either does congress or the president.

COPS are ASSHOLES...

24 CHP's between Barstow and Needles, all writing tickets....Very clear to me, if you are going somewhere, they want you to PAY....UNION PUKES want their money from your ASS!

#41 ·
Like government itself it's partially our own faults. We allow the system to grow so large in it's scope of service that it requires so much revenue to maintain it. Hence, they must become revenue agents somewhat. Over time, it becomes evident that the easiest ticket to get to stick and get paid is from John/Jane Q. Public, the upstanding citizen. We've created this monster. I say limit their scope of responsibility and let them fight crime again like when I was a kid.

Back then, the policeman was everyone's friend. Seeing them bespoke safety! When he sped down the street, ran the red lights and changed lanes without signaling, rolling through the stop signs we were convinced he was on his way to stop crime and we justified it. Nearly every kid from that era had a time in his life when he wanted to be a policeman. They were heroes!

Today, we are sick of the petty tickets, condescending attitudes and their elitist treatment where they don't have to follow the laws we're continually punished for. As a result we have a chip on our shoulder and we focus on what's wrong rather than what's right and I'll be first to admit I fall into that class. That being said, they are still the first call I make when some thing's amiss.

Some will always simply be jerks with a superiority complex. My daughter was stopped last week by a cop while she was on her evening jog. She was running on the side of a country road and the jerk told her she couldn't be on the pavement but should be on the sidewalk. There was no sidewalk there. Honest story! Only a dirt bank and an irrigation canal. Best we could figure, his point was to show a cute young woman her how big his chest looked with that vest under his shirt, I suppose. Boy how things have changed.

I've had Corvettes for 30+ years. Don't even get me started about the "Vette Tax."

#43 ·
Hey,
Thanks for the replies...
Cops are not the bad guys in most cases as we all know..
I do thank them and say have a safe day to most I see.

But I will never forget the way I was treated when I was younger and still remember a few "John Wayne walking" types asking for my id and reg.
I still laugh at that(most cops know what I am talking about)

It for the most part is a thankless job that has MANY benifits that most will never see.

johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.