Performance Boats Forum banner

Why is American Chopper still on the air?

4K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  ZBODaytona 
#1 · (Edited)
I used to enjoy this show but how many times can you show the same stuff over and over again? Paul Sr. and Junior fight, Mikey does something goofy and they build a theme bike...Wow! For a series finale they should take one of their bikes and jump a shark.:)sphss

#3 ·
Seriously man, that show has run its course. And the bikes they build are all the same ugly exagerated chopper. It was funny to watch them through the years move up in shop size every so often. making COIN! My buddy bought a bike from them, before their show and before the money and BS. Bike was delievered at 3am via semi. Wouldn't start, electical was all f*cked up...Piece of sh!t.

#13 ·
its been pretty hilarious to me lately. paul sr. thinking he's got a biz without jr., knowing full well he's already ****ed due to the economy and the fact he went and built a huge factory with a shitload of overhead. occ is doommmmmed

#15 ·
Ditto that to both comments. Really enjoyed watching the paint work being done.

the only thing good about that show is seeing some cool tools in use.

#17 ·
looks as if they were living outside their means alot lately. dumbasses should've been putting it back for when the bubble burst , but like most folks that get rich fast, they have no money handling skills. at least sr. bought alot of old cars/bikes he can resell:D

#26 ·
We were thinking the same thing last week. I was flipping channels and said what is this still doing on or is it a re-run? No. It was a newer episode. We watched 20 minutes and saw Sr. talk about how much of a drugie he was and give a 21 yr old a shot to work in the shop and clean his alcohol addiction up. However the kid was only clean for about 3 days with no sponsor. What a joke.

I always thought the show was cheesy years ago when it first came out, but man the show really took a turn for the south now. C'mon.. how many theme bikes can you build and how many dorrs can Sr slam shut?

#27 ·
Well I think they are a marketing genuis targeting Cat, HP etc for theme bikes. Those companies get the entire show as advertising. Pretty much makes the bike cost nothing. An hour long advertising commercial?

#33 ·
Paul Sr. wrote a book and is on a Book Tour. I am thinking that's where he hopes to get the cash to keep a sinking bizz afloat.

Jr. is now a consultant to builds.

I think the OCC thing is done. Only a matter of time.

#34 ·
I think Paul Sr. has money to last him a few lifetimes.. The OCC brand is huge.... IMO his ranch is modest for a guy that has an empire on his hands... I would imagine a lot of the equipment in their new facility are freebee's from the manufactures, all those banners and logos in the shop are not there by accident.. The bikes are just kind of a side thing.. I think he's well off..

#38 ·
well a boating forum is still talking about them, so something is still right with them. I agree also that they or someone was a genius to market building a bike for an hour long advertisement. Think the son runs the steel business, they are the ones that built the new shop...I am sure SR. still has his hands in the pot on that one..if not he cashed out big still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.