Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pay people amazingly amounts of money to do nothing....
Yet people who make a difference in peoples lives in the tens, if not hundred daily get paid next to nothing .....no wonder this country is failing

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
Yet people who make a difference in peoples lives in the tens, if not hundred daily get paid next to nothing .....no wonder this country is failing
Reason #2 the country is failing: We've got people out there saying things like "amazingly amounts of money."

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
If money is your determiner in this equation, you're already sunk.
I've worked good and hard for the past three+ years helping people in my business and it's been well worth every minute of effort. I've received no financial compensation however due to economic conditions (which I'm openly vocal about) but I look forward to the opportunities to serve tomorrow. They say "what comes around, goes around" but that's not my motivation and I'm most definitely not alone.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
To me it's simple, in life we have two basic choices: serve yourselves and you can make a difference in 1 life, serve others and you can make a difference in many lives!

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
To me it's simple, in life we have two basic choices: serve yourselves and you can make a difference in 1 life, serve others and you can make a difference in many lives!
^^^

Very well said Patty... :thumb:

I left a VERY cushy role in CHITown around 1990 so that I could spend time with my parents, siblings, aunts/uncles/cousins... AND start a family of my own... No regrets (but my bank account isnt as fat as it once was)...

Hey Killr, carve out some time and watch the movie Hook with your daughter(peter pan) (the newer one with Robin WIlliams)... It will make you feel better for two reasons... ;) There are some VERY VERY empty souls out there amongst the ranks of those "rich" folks...

YOU my friend are the one that is truly rich...

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts

Shut the F up. Look at your avatar lucky bastard. :D

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
thats how I feel....btw...your OVERPAID.......and Yvonne is hot....you ready for a shot of Patron yet??

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
We're all givers or takers, I suppose.

Hey man, its FRIDAY... The bills are paid... Everyone is healthy... A bag of chips / a bag of charcoal and a few pounds of hamburger & family/friends is all anyone needs...

If only my hydro was finished......... :duh:

·
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My point is with unemployment on the rise , people taking massive pay cuts, people losing their homes, get we have these sports figures , movie stars , models making more in a day or two then brain surgeons make in a year..... Houston there is a problem here

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
My point is with unemployment on the rise , people taking massive pay cuts, people losing their homes, get we have these sports figures , movie stars , models making more in a day or two then brain surgeons make in a year..... Houston there is a problem here
OK..I'll back you on this one....I thought you were upset cause you didn't get a pay raise......:bangmyhead:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey man, its FRIDAY... The bills are paid... Everyone is healthy... A bag of chips / a bag of charcoal and a few pounds of hamburger & family/friends is all anyone needs...

If only my hydro was finished......... :duh:

X2! I dream of a lot in life. But I have the all that I need and I can enjoy a beer on the weekends.

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
No argument from me on that point sir... THey are going to implode, they suck cities dry of $$$ and thnk that they can hold a city for ransom for new stadiums/TIFs... Screw the "celebs"...

Clean house in D.C. and in the Cali state capitol... HONESTLY, for all that California has to offer, and I DO love it there, they are totally EFFEeedd from a political perspective... It's not nearly that bad elsewhere in the nation... Clean house... Be vocal... Come and sound off in the PRF with the rest of us that are FED UP... <----- kidding hil:)

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Life isn't fair! I suppose there are more people seeking entertainment than brain surgery but the simple laws of supply and demand apply here. As long as people keep the line at the box office crowded, they'll continue to earn as they do. I don't go to the theater to see movies so don't blame me. It wasn't me that bought Johnny Depp his own personal island.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Life isn't fair! I suppose there are more people seeking entertainment than brain surgery but the simple laws of supply and demand apply here. As long as people keep the line at the box office crowded, they'll continue to earn as they do. I don't go to the theater to see movies so don't blame me. It wasn't me that bought Johnny Depp his own personal island.

Greeting's from the couch,
I could not agree more. Supply and demand applies to the individual usually who's needs aren't immediately met ....
Uncomfy,
Rick32

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Some of those sports figures and entertainers do a tremendous amount of help with the money and fame, others not so much.

·
The510
237 Posts
Kristine stuwart from twilight and snow white made 34.5 million last year.... She's a horrible actress and not even that pretty...

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
In my opinion, the group that should be getting paid higher with better benefits is the men and women in our armed forces. Especially those overseas in foreign land in harms way defending our nations liberty and freedom. Those are some seriously under paid hero's that are away from their families for a year or more at a time and they deserve more from us. I would have no problem with some of my tax dollars being diverted to give them the credit they deserve.

·
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Exactly Lavey29....
So many people doing great things daily for this country yet are paid next to nothing, then we have nut job. Cruise racking in millions to do nothing more than bounce around infringement of a green screen.... or Kobe to bound a ball

What git me started on this is his little my wide and her team makes compared to as one pointed out Kristen Stewart.... when Kristen and her crew f ucks up ...its called take two

When my wife's team fucks up people could die

1 - 20 of 59 Posts