Performance Boats Forum banner

Why Mortgage Companies Are Losing Money

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Old Texan 
#1 ·
My mortgage adjusted for January, due to Escrow shortage, so I plugged the new payment amount into my automatic Bill-Pay. I accidentally put in $X,XXX.40, instead of $X,XXX.42, so my January payment was short by 2 cents.

I got a notice in the mail that the payment was short and, although I would not have to make up that 2 cents, they would not accept any more payments that are short.

So they spent 49 cents to advise on a 2 cent shortage. I get an email to advise me when the payment is due, and another when it's received and posted. You'd think that an email (free) notifying me of the shortage would be a better business practice.

They must have former Government accountants handling their payments. :)sphss

#4 ·
That is probably next.

I personally love the gas company sending me a bill for $5.00 in the summertime.

G
#7 ·
You should see what they do when you're 3 months ahead. I actually got a late notice because it was more than 30 days between payments once, even though I was 3 months ahead. Even their online payment systems can't handle it. Awhile back it would refuse to accept my payment, now a message pops up telling me I'm making duplicate payments.

#10 ·
..or all of that.

Prepare for an accident or something...

#12 ·
I went to the plumbing supply house the other day to pick up a small fitting.

Had to be less than a dollar.

Anyways I didn't have an account there so I told the guy that I'll pay cash.

He said keep the cash and the fitting. It cost us $60 just to print a ticket along with all the other crap that goes along with printing the ticket!
:confused:

#13 ·
I went to the plumbing supply house the other day to pick up a small fitting.

Had to be less than a dollar.

Anyways I didn't have an account there so I told the guy that I'll pay cash.

He said keep the cash and the fitting. It cost us $60 just to print a ticket along with all the other crap that goes along with printing the ticket!
:confused:
LMAO...but now they will spend 200 in research to figure out why their inventory is off... :)

#16 ·
I moved from GA back to TX 3 years ago. I still get notices from the Gwinnett County Tax office telling me that I don't owe any annual taxes on my boat I took with me or on the boat I sold when I moved. They send 2 separate statements stating $0 owed. I'm curious if they do this to everyone that has moved and if so it must be a pretty good chunk of change in postage and printing costs.

I called about it the first year and they told me it was "something" about the computor......:)sphss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.