Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· JryLineman
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always wondered why Powerboat magazine passes right through Havasu to parker for testing about half the time?? They tested the DCB M35 at Parker with several other big boats. I'm baffled?

Is this how Teague and the gang get nonrealistic numbers on these boats by going downriver?

· Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,812 Posts
The strip is good for testing because of the straight shot and little wind effect on the water surface.

And since they use radar, which gets its reading from the surface of the water, current wouldn't affect the speed readings at all. For GPS, they do runs up river and down river, and average the readings. This also takes and wind out of the equation.

· It is what it is
2,580 Posts
Always wondered why Powerboat magazine passes right through Havasu to parker for testing about half the time?? They tested the DCB M35 at Parker with several other big boats. I'm baffled?

Is this how Teague and the gang get nonrealistic numbers on these boats by going downriver?
During the week, between the Bluewater and the free launch ramp. It's a nice long straight shot and there aren't many people around. The Bluewater is a great place to host them, with hotel rooms, food, docks, plenty of parking and once again, not alot going on during the week. Where in Havasu could you really have docks and a hotel room? You really don't want to beach brand new boats at the Nautical. It's actually a pretty good venue for testing boats.

· JryLineman
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The strip is good for testing because of the straight shot and little wind effect on the water surface.

And since they use radar, which gets its reading from the surface of the water, current wouldn't affect the speed readings at all. For GPS, they do runs up river and down river, and average the readings. This also takes and wind out of the equation.

Thanks, makes perfect sense. So which one is more accurate GPS or Radar?

· JryLineman
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
During the week, between the Bluewater and the free launch ramp. It's a nice long straight shot and there aren't many people around. The Bluewater is a great place to host them, with hotel rooms, food, docks, plenty of parking and once again, not alot going on during the week. Where in Havasu could you really have docks and a hotel room? You really don't want to beach brand new boats at the Nautical. It's actually a pretty good venue for testing boats.
Paul, I found an old SpeedBoat Magazine with a full write up on your boat. Pretty cool. Let me know, I'll drop it off.

· Desert Racing Widow
2,027 Posts
That was going to be my ignorant guess. You can have a little wind on Parker, and it doesn't effect the water condition much. Havasu is another story.

· Registered
652 Posts

Because, Parker's a Pretty Place to be. :D

Attachments

· Desert Racing Widow
2,027 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.