Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.salon.com/2018/01/13/we-are-losing-two-critical-safeguards-against-despotism-in-trumps-white-house_partner/

Donald Trump is not the first mediocre president of the United States, Krugman reminds weary Americans in his Tuesday column. The problem, however, is not only that Trump feels the need to refer to himself as a "very stable genius," but that the president lacks two of the key factors that prevented the previous generations of mediocre men from laying waste to our democracy: first-rate advisers and a functioning system of checks and balances. Congress and the Supreme Court have historically been safety valves protecting the country from the president's worst impulses. Unfortunately, Krugman writes, "under the Very Stable Genius in Chief, the old rules no longer apply."

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
https://www.salon.com/2018/01/13/we-are-losing-two-critical-safeguards-against-despotism-in-trumps-white-house_partner/

Donald Trump is not the first mediocre president of the United States, Krugman reminds weary Americans in his Tuesday column. The problem, however, is not only that Trump feels the need to refer to himself as a "very stable genius," but that the president lacks two of the key factors that prevented the previous generations of mediocre men from laying waste to our democracy: first-rate advisers and a functioning system of checks and balances. Congress and the Supreme Court have historically been safety valves protecting the country from the president's worst impulses. Unfortunately, Krugman writes, "under the Very Stable Genius in Chief, the old rules no longer apply."
You sure that was not about Obama and you just made it about Trump. Cause I will tell you the one reason I hate Obama is because he was lawless. My pen and phone bullshit. And the shit with Hillary, I'm sure he knew everything by the time she came up for election but he never knew anything until he read it in the paper.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sure that was not about Obama and you just made it about Trump. Cause I will tell you the one reason I hate Obama is because he was lawless. My pen and phone bullshit. And the shit with Hillary, I'm sure he knew everything by the time she came up for election but he never knew anything until he read it in the paper.
Not about Obama, I'm sure.
I don't think Obama had a, "Need to refer to himself as a "very stable genius" If he did, he apparently didn't appear to have a need to tweet it.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts

Be advised to disregard any comments coming from Paul Krugman.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Be advised to disregard any comments coming from Paul Krugman.
That ain't no shit, figures Jughead hangs his hat on him.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Krugman is a complete and total idiot.He was the one that said if Trump was elected the stock market would never recover.Who would believe a word he said?

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
trump president.jpg

:)hammers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts