Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Deck Boat Cheer******
553 Posts
DaMn! He must be good with glass each time ater a boat trip!

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Ballsy! I'd love to hear what that hull sounds like when you're going over some of that stuff...like rocks. :D

·
Deck Boat Cheer******
553 Posts
Hey Rick.....seems like you and Tom got me into about 6" of water one time...........:)bulb:D
Naw, Tom had nothing to do with that! You coming out to the zoo this weekend?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
DaMn! He must be good with glass each time ater a boat trip!

That hull is made of old Papbst Blue Ribbon cans, I guarantee it, a glass boat would not have made the second gravel bar crossing.;)

GT :)hand

·
Deck Boat Cheer******
553 Posts
That hull is made of old Papbst Blue Ribbon cans, I guarantee it, a glass boat would not have made the second gravel bar crossing.;)

I guess that makes sense, now how do you keep the intake clear?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

Probably has a good rock grate and he's obviously not too shabby of a pilot, you gotta get out of the gas when hitting bottom, I would be willing to bet that pump is pretty beat up...

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
That looks like a typical ride back from the sandbar for me after a good long day..what's the big deal? LOL

·
Registered
418 Posts
typically these types of boats have an "EZ Clean" or "stomp grate"

Half the intake bars are on a pivot system and when you activate the grate, usually by a horizontal step outside the transom above the swim grid which you "stomp on" they pivot down off the bottom of the boat releasing anything stuck between adjacent bars.(the stomp grate is just visable at the end of the first video) You shut the motor off for the breif period that you do this to avoid sucking up the debris. Its basically an absolute must on a boat like this. Only smaller sport type adventure boats dont have them mainly because the geometry of the grate robs performance. That and a little boat like mine can be manually flipped on its side "relatively" easily to clear a grate.

I usually get away with only clearing the grate before a days adventures and not having to worry about it till the boat is back on the trailer. But sh$% happens and you never know how much you're going to tag or what kind of water you're going to get into. Also different boats and different pumps react differently to how much stuff can get stuck in there before you can't get on step quickly, or at all. And often in these tight backchannels you may only have a boat length or less to get up or you wont get out of where you got yourself into LOL

Sweet video's and an awesome little river, thanks for the links
:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
nothing like boating where you have a winch on the BOAT and not on the trailer!

sickness :)devil
haha when i first got my 21 tunnel and was using it as nothing more than a lake boat I didnt carry anything other than what the law required. gradually as I started running rivers(and getting stuck) my "river" kit expanded and now includes a come along, 150 feet of 3/16" cable with various pulleys and attachments, pry bars rope and with my 21 I actually carried a small electirc ATV winch.

If you're prepared for getting stuck and how to get out you're far more apt to explore deeper into some of these cool little rivers and creeks etc

This year I may add a chainsaw

;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts