Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Willow Valley / Palmdale
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday while enjoying the sandbar I saw 2 black pigs running through the reeds. And I do not mean human pigs. These were about 30 lbs. Then I noticed where they had been digging up roots.

Anyone else seem them? Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a friend who is a RR engineer. He swears that he sees them along the tracks along the river South of Needles all the way into the Sacramento Wash between Topock and the 40/95 split. I've been using that stretch of river for the last 15 years, but I've never seen one..

We have been in the gorge and seen lots of bighorn sheep and the wild donkeys, tho.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
They were beautiful.
Not knocking what you are saying but, if you let them live you won't have a sandbar to go to! They breed like rabbits and tear the world up! Where I live they have become a large problem and the only way to rid them is trap them or shoot them! Once traped then you have to decide what the heck you are going to do with them! Beautiful now UGLY later on!

One sow will birth 6-15 little ones 4 times a year! They add up real fast! Young ones are ready to breed in 125 days from birth! So you can see the problem grows very fast!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a friend who is a RR engineer. He swears that he sees them along the tracks along the river South of Needles all the way into the Sacramento Wash between Topock and the 40/95 split. I've been using that stretch of river for the last 15 years, but I've never seen one..

We have been in the gorge and seen lots of bighorn sheep and the wild donkeys, tho.
I ran into a pair while walking on the AZ side across from Jack Smith a couple of years ago. Fortunately, they didn't act too aggressively.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Not surprised.. Topock Marsh is filled with them.. When I was in High School we use to fish at North Dike at night and you could hear them screaming.. It was spooking at times!!! Buddy of mine use to go there and hunt them also..

·
Registered
784 Posts
I hope they like eating reeds, it will be nice to have no reeds on the sandbar. I have seen them along the river and at Windsor for years, not much vegitation around here that will piss people off if they eat it.

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Saw a good sized one below the sandbar about 3-4 years ago in the reeds.
Naw, that was Kilr trying to get back in his boat.:happy:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts