Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I understand the only differene is the timing gear bolt pattern in the end of the cam (smaller on a Gen6 to make room for the retaining ring)

And it will also need a cam button because there is nothing retaing it cam anymore.

Does that sound right?

Thanks. :)

·
Some guy
3,634 Posts
From what I understand the only differene is the timing gear bolt pattern in the end of the cam (smaller on a Gen6 to make room for the retaining ring)

And it will also need a cam button because there is nothing retaing it cam anymore.

Does that sound right?

Thanks. :)
That and a timing cover that will clear the MK IV timing set. I know the IMCO works well.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Will you elaborate on this for me Tom? Gen 6 only has six bolts for the timing cover. Thanks SJ
The locater dowels are dead nuts on , two bolts are in perfect position , 4 need to have the holes slightly elongated and the periferal stiffener ridge flattened out a smidge, all bolts are sufficinatly spaced to provide a good seal , Just a quick expireiment for curiositys sake Tom

·
520 Posts
The locater dowels are dead nuts on , two bolts are in perfect position , 4 need to have the holes slightly elongated and the periferal stiffener ridge flattened out a smidge, all bolts are sufficinatly spaced to provide a good seal , Just a quick expireiment for curiositys sake Tom
Good info, is the 5 cover deeper than the six? What material is it made of? As always you are the man. SJ

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Good info, is the 5 cover deeper than the six? What material is it made of? As always you are the man. SJ
mk5 cover looks just like the mk4 but with a mk6 pan seal

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Good deal does it seal with a gasket or o-ring, prolly gasket. Thanks for the info. Info
Josh just fabbed this for me on a "6" block replacing a "5" block , the "pinch" was customer budjet ;) The deep "5" stamped steel deal will handle a double roller the, "6" cast unit (w/oring) won't (too shallow) , the "5" uses a gasket (or Right stuff) The Pan arch's are the same uses the same one piece "unigasket" (common to 5&6) Tom

·
520 Posts
SJ I took a pic for ya today ...
Thanks Tom. That opens alot of options for this type of deal. The only covers deep enough for a double roller on a six were the CP or Milodon that I Knew of. I have the CP cover on my deal and the polishing made the timing pointer to rounded for my taste. I have been thinking about milling the pointer off and installing an adjustable pointer on it. SJ

·
LAID IN MEXICO
750 Posts
cam

my gen 6 had a mark4 cam in it when i got it. cam button against an imco cover. i changed the cam and it is still a mark 4 deal, but this time a new imco cover using the water pump as a cam buttom. imco covers are very nice. i think b&b is almost identical.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
wanna sell that old imco cover?:D

·
LAID IN MEXICO
750 Posts
already gone.

sorry. i sold it a while ago. it went real fast. nice covers, id recomend it. although i think there are others that are almost identical and might be less $$$. try b&b.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Lopers here in mesa,az has the B&B billet timing covers in stock for ALL(gen 4 to gen 6) the BBC chevy motors. THey are polished and brand new for $35 or $40.

480-833-6094 ask for Wayne and tell him Black Azz Mike sent you :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts