Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SLOW MEMBER
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a berkeley impeller fit into a dominator pump? I think the only difference is the lip around the back side of the dominator impeller, is this not needed?

Thanks, Ryan

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
berk impellor will fit a dom pump but you're losing efficiency doin it. the dominator impellor has a bigger o.d. which keeps the pressure at the back of the impellor better. you put that berk in there , its smaller o.d. will allow more water to reach the wearring at a higher volume;) best way to describe it is a berk a impellor in a dominator bowl will work like a dominator b cut, yet won't move near the same amount of water the dom impellor with the bigger diameter will. hope that helps , not confuse:D

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
berk impellor will fit a dom pump but you're losing efficiency doin it. the dominator impellor has a bigger o.d. which keeps the pressure at the back of the impellor better. you put that berk in there , its smaller o.d. will allow more water to reach the wearring at a higher volume;) best way to describe it is a berk a impellor in a dominator bowl will work like a dominator b cut, yet won't move near the same amount of water the dom impellor with the bigger diameter will. hope that helps , not confuse:D
HUH????

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
lmao, i knew i was gonna confuse someone:D the dominator impellor has a larger o.d. than a berk, lil over a 1/8th inch wider at the widest point of the impellor;) you put that berk in the dom bowl, more water flow backwards in the bowl than it should. set a berk impellor next to a dom impellor and you'll see what i mean :)
i've got a dozen old impellors in my shop , few doms, but i don't have my big calipers here to show the difference, but there is a big difference.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
lmao, i knew i was gonna confuse someone:D the dominator impellor has a larger o.d. than a berk, lil over a 1/8th inch wider at the widest point of the impellor;) you put that berk in the dom bowl, more water flow backwards in the bowl than it should. set a berk impellor next to a dom impellor and you'll see what i mean :)
i've got a dozen old impellors in my shop , few doms, but i don't have my big calipers here to show the difference, but there is a big difference.
I was just messin with ya....:D

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I was just messin with ya....:D
:)hand well hell, i made better sense of it in the 2nd post anyways,lmao :D

i've met alot of guys jetting 20yrs that still don't know there's a difference between dom impellors and berk other than the stuffer ring. my mom(uncle and some buddy's did as well) worked for dominator as a pump assembler when dominator was in hugo okla and she can tell em all bout it.;) wish they(dominator) were still here:)st:D i've got a shit 12s suction housing with the hugo metal tag on it i keep around to remember the good ole days.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
:)hand well hell, i made better sense of it in the 2nd post anyways,lmao :D

i've met alot of guys jetting 20yrs that still don't know there's a difference between dom impellors and berk other than the stuffer ring. my mom(uncle and some buddy's did as well) worked for dominator as a pump assembler when dominator was in hugo okla and she can tell em all bout it.;) wish they(dominator) were still here:)st:D i've got a shit 12s suction housing with the hugo metal tag on it i keep around to remember the good ole days.
And here I thought AT was the only one running the stuffer ring. Learn something new everyday.

Now here's a question...will Dominator impellers fit an AT bowl without any machine work?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
And here I thought AT was the only one running the stuffer ring. Learn something new everyday.

Now here's a question...will Dominator impellers fit an AT bowl without any machine work?
isn't the a.t. just a tad longer version of the dominator bowl? i would say yes, we just got a new a.t. bowl from tom @jbp and a matching a.t. impellor, and the a.t. impellor fits nice in my dominator bowl.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

I would hope so, doesn't AT make Dominators.:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts