Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
....Willis ,..Not on a good run......hurts something in the motor....a plug lost half it's gap,....a quarter of the electrode......and there is a mysterious silver metal on it ???...........hmm?.......

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
I was with a guy that blew the hat and PSI blower off his GN boat yesterday. Another guy with the group (also with an injected PSI) on a Beezer having lots of trouble getting it to run right. In fact the last time we all went out a couple weeks ago was having troubles that day as well.

Sorry to hear of the breakage.

I believe I'll stick with my carbs and TR. It might not be as fast (certainly not as impressive), but it sure is reliable.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Dan was that Bills? If so that sucks.
I'm going in that blown direction and hope to avoid all that ka boom stuff.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Pop off worked great:)devil
Not really. Opened very late. Looks like he manually opened it. It should have opened as soon as you saw the roostertail go away. Don't go by the engine noise due to the fact that it takes a little time for the sound to get there.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Dan was that Bills? If so that sucks.
I'm going in that blown direction and hope to avoid all that ka boom stuff.
Bill was the one with tuning issues. Matt Brown was the guy who's hat and blower came off. Are you going carbs or injected?

Are you going to be able to get those valve covers off there? Looks pretty tight clearance-wise.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
....Willis ,..on a good run......hurts something in the motor....a plug lost half it's gap,....a quarter of the electrode......and there is a mysterious silver metal on it???...........hmm?.......
Sounded not quite right from the initial hit, the surging is quite evident very early in the run, waay before the final pop. Was he able to salvage the weekend, or was he done for the event?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Bill was the one with tuning issues. Matt Brown was the guy who's hat and blower came off. Are you going carbs or injected?

Are you going to be able to get those valve covers off there? Looks pretty tight clearance-wise.
Sorry to hear about Matt's problem's but i've ran the same set-up and i haven't had any problems yet.That's what happens when it lean's out.Later!!!

Jim S

·
Banned
989 Posts
I was with a guy that blew the hat and PSI blower off his GN boat yesterday. Another guy with the group (also with an injected PSI) on a Beezer having lots of trouble getting it to run right. In fact the last time we all went out a couple weeks ago was having troubles that day as well.

Sorry to hear of the breakage.

I believe I'll stick with my carbs and TR. It might not be as fast (certainly not as impressive), but it sure is reliable.

that was INSANE to see. glad he was ok and that he didn't lose any parts. i'm with you dan, keepin it simple :D

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts

Ex PSI Canyon Matt? I need to remove them Gill headers if I want to get under the covers. Lightnings are in the works but I want to see how this economy is fairing before I really pull the trigger.

Not really. Opened very late. Looks like he manually opened it. It should have opened as soon as you saw the roostertail go away. Don't go by the engine noise due to the fact that it takes a little time for the sound to get there.
I'm no expert. But to see one work was interesting. I didn't know they were automatic. Nice rail by the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts