Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding wind flaps to my boat. I was wondering if any one has the type pictured and how they have worked for you.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Lil' Hellyun
3,238 Posts
We have them on our Advantage and they work surprisingly well....

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
I had the smoked one on my Advantage and it was hard to see in certain light conditions so I switched to the clear and they worked great.

Of course they caused some problems when I was trying to squeak every mph out of the Advantage and the wife would put hers up. Always got my hand belted when I tried to put hers down.:p

·
Registered
884 Posts
Check out the automatic ones from Dana. Photo's from Ultra's web site.

I have these on my boat and they are great, if you have the room to install.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I had the smoked one on my Advantage and it was hard to see in certain light conditions so I switched to the clear and they worked great.

Of course they caused some problems when I was trying to squeak every mph out of the Advantage and the wife would put hers up. Always got my hand belted when I tried to put hers down.:p

We have the smoked ones on our Advantage 28 Cat and they work well but like said above, they are hard to see through. You find yourself peeping over the top to see the lake in front of you when driving.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I personally don't like mine. When I put them up, the turbulence from the wind sucks my sunglasses of my face.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally don't like mine. When I put them up, the turbulence from the wind sucks my sunglasses of my face.
Got my new flaps on and they work great. I forgot to warn my wife about the sunglass suck factor. Add 80 to the price of the flaps to replace a 1 day old pair of Von Zippers. :)st

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yup, I had to warn you about that! Its never a good feeling to have your sunglasses sucked off your face while your trying to dodge jetski's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts