Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is no predicting the weather, but are there certain times of the year where you can bet that there will be wind on the lakes? Reason i ask isI like to avoid Havasu/Mohave when its choppy, so I thought heading out this past weekend would be a good idea(pretty quiet) until the wind came in(havasu). Boat is a low profile 21 so anything more than a foot of chop starts taking the fun away.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
The windy season in Havasu is usually from Jan thru Dec ..... the rest of the time its pretty calm:D
LOL, I was going to say the same thing.. My favorite boating time is October.. Weather is mild and usually nice (like this past weekend), weekend warriors are starting to dwindle and there's still a fair amount of water.. Couldn't tell on Saturday though.. I was a little nervous driving the flat around..

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Been going there for 45 years. My memories of wind always seems to be more in May and October (considering boating months).

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Thanksgiving Day. Actually, one year, we cooked on Thursday and the kids took their boat out while the turkey cooked, had a blast. The next day, when we could go, it was monster whitecaps when we got to the ramp, so we just took it back home.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts