Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can someone give me some insite on how to adjust the wing on front of daytona. How much does it affect the attitude of the boat on sutdown. Im having problems with the front diving on shutdown. Could this be caused by the wing or do i need to continue playing with hardware

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
can someone give me some insite on how to adjust the wing on front of daytona. How much does it affect the attitude of the boat on sutdown. Im having problems with the front diving on shutdown. Could this be caused by the wing or do i need to continue playing with hard wear.
Hig042,

My first inclination is the shutting down hard may have to do with hardware such as shoe depth. However, i do not have experience on the effect of the wing. There are several on this board that do. Maybe MikeD, CS19 or Greg Shoemaker will chime in. I too am interested in the conversation on front wing in respect to the Daytona.

Gear

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
can someone give me some insite on how to adjust the wing on front of daytona. How much does it affect the attitude of the boat on sutdown. Im having problems with the front diving on shutdown. Could this be caused by the wing or do i need to continue playing with hard wear.
How fast is it?

Sounds like your not running a pop off and you need one to help slow it down, thats just part of the deal with them, hard to shut down if your loading it hard.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Da wing

When we first put a wing on the front of a Daytona it was intended to slow the rate of climb that was being generated in the last 300 feet in the course. It was for the driver to give him more of an opportunity to get out of the throttle if the boat started to climb. Since we have run the wing on a number of boats we have found it to be a useful tool in the setup of the boat. I have never felt that it contributed to a shut down issue. If you are having shut down issues I would invest in a pop off valve. We have found that once you start getting agGressive on the hardware to handle the kind of power that is being made today that a pop off is a MUST!

·
186 Posts
wing

I know it happens awfully fast, but I wonder if you could use an inclinometer or sensor of some sort and set it up to automatically actuate a wing as a 'blowover preventer' of sorts? I think they can adjust them 'on the fly' on some of those whitewater boats. Have to have a really big wing, and all that stuff would add a bunch of weight- probably not practical.

Heck, have the sensor fire off a solid fuel rocket in the bow pushing it downward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts