Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy picked up a TX 19 Youngblood and it has a Vertical bulkhead dead center of the deck he's never seen that and the install is not very clean to say the least, So the million dollar question is was this a factory install or was this something that people added and for what reason? Thanks

The boat is crazy light if that could help in the answer.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Buddy picked up a TX 19 Youngblood and it has a Vertical bulkhead dead center of the deck he's never seen that and the install is not very clean to say the least, So the million dollar question is was this a factory install or was this something that people added and for what reason? Thanks

The boat is crazy light if that could help in the answer.
Saw a TX-19 at Ming a few weeks ago.. it was a lite-layup and had the same bulkhead, owner installed to stiffen the deck and dash, I was a little puzzled,a lite layup and 3 gel colors. I've seen lite CP's with bulkhead that look like swiss cheese..how lite do you want? :hmmm:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw a TX-19 at Ming a few weeks ago.. it was a lite-layup and had the same bulkhead, owner installed to stiffen the deck and dash, I was a little puzzled,a lite layup and 3 gel colors. I've seen lite CP's with bulkhead that look like swiss cheese..how lite do you want? :hmmm:
Buddy is new to the winger scene hes a Daytona guy and getting it going for his kid,It was weird to see it in the middle

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
[QUOTE.=leadslinger;4475202]Buddy is new to the winger scene hes a Daytona guy and getting it going for his kid,It was weird to see it in the middle[/QUOTE]
If it was for MY KID, I would do a bulkhead of some sort..maybe open it up some..and some gunnel supports..

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I was told it was a "ski locker". My deck is way too thin to not have the center support.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the answer thanks ,I still will post pic just got it last night
This was the bulkhead that was in question all TX 19 have them so the question was answered

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
This was the bulkhead that was in question all TX 19 have them so the question was answered
OK. My CP has a similar support in front of the bulk head. I was told my boat was a lite layup. My deck and gunnels visually flexes in lite to medium chop so, I'm thinking its to add strength

1 - 11 of 11 Posts