Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the boat needs a little TLC.... back seat interior needs repair from the fire a few years ago, the carpet looks like crap from a few oil leaks, the headers need re-coating and it could use some help on the wiring. And on top of all that I'm finally going to get around to having the transom plates around the pump built for it .

I think the engine will come out next week-end because the Kaase oil pump is coming out and I'm replacing it with one of High Flow Dynamics ( Paul Kane) blueprinted HV pumps. The Kaase pump worked just great on the dyno 65-70 psi at 7,200 but in the boat with the external oil cooler and filters the Kaase pump was off 10-12 psi because of the lack of volume. That meant 52-54 psi at 6,200. I wasn't about to hit the Nitrous with that oil psi.

So the boat will be getting some attention starting this week-end.

Here's the other project I'm working on with my dad and brother: Bonneville 2012

The Hot Rod Lincoln:

'97 Lincoln MKVIII cost all or $ 1,700. Left a note on the car window asking if it was for sale.

We should do about 225mph with a 800 hp 430" smblk, car will have a Jerico stick in it. This should be fun. :partyguy: We'll still make a few river trips but Bonneville is going to kind of take priority this year.

S CP :D

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Jon,
Keep me posted on the bonneville car. What class u runnin?

See u in Wendover. 1st round is on me.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jon,
Keep me posted on the bonneville car. What class u runnin?

See u in Wendover. 1st round is on me.

B/GC ( Gas Coupe) B= 373-439" engine.

The car should do 225 or better, but the record is 237 not sure if we'll get there.

D/GC record is 222mph D= 305" max just might go there but will have to build an engine from scratch to do it.

I have a few thoughts for a record attempt ( class) but I need to keep those under-hat for a few months.

S CP

Jon

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Jon, i think you need to fix up your old firetruck for Bonneville, but thats just me thinking:partyguy:

Class: Vintage Fire truck.......? '52 Mack

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it or when....but I wasn't going to let my dad give it to someone else after it has been here for 20 yrs.

and then there's my '69 Mach 1 ( my first car from '79 when I turned 16) that I pulled out of the South Forty after 26 years of neglect:

the 427mr stroker motor is coming out in the next week, the car just might be running before Summer is over:

The Wildercraft is on the list, but don't think it will make it this year.....

S CP :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh, I was wondering where you've been?

:)hand

Hi Steve.....

Lots of crap on the plate this year..... it's starting off with a bang......................

Last year finished well after 3+ yrs in the toilet. kind of feels good swimming with the current instead of against it.

S CP :yes:

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
Need to get the mach 1 to main street this summer on wednesday nights....I take my 56 f100 out there.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
51 days to go: Bonneville

mock-up engine: its a 2.9ltr Ford Esslinger the heads on these things are killer.

We are building two engines.... 2.9l na...approx 380 hp at 8,800 - 9,000 rpm F/GC ( gas coupe) F= 123-183" class record was 114 mph last year. Someone reset at 162 last year...rats. We're going to make a run at it.

Turbo engine approx 750hp at 8,000 - 8,500. F/BGC ( Blown Gas Coupe ) Class record is 203 mph. We think the MRK Viii can run 220+ with 700 hp.

We'll see how this all pans out in 52 days.

S CP :)grn

Jon

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crower billet 3.59" crank:

G-Force trans:

Trans will be rebuilt as 5 speeds. We have two. The N/a trans will be a close ratio 5 speed with 5th as 1:1 shifts will be at 9,200.

The turbo engine will have a slight over-drive 5th. We'll swap gears in the quick change

S CP :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hell yeah dude, get it! I have a neighbor of mine that runs at bonneviile every year.One day I will make it there.

SJ

·
Registered
19,801 Posts
sleeper how could you...................:duh::wink2:

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well at least it got moved to the driveway. to much other crap on the table to give it serious effort right now but it's on this To Do list. Just got a 4-bolt cj block from Paul Kane for the engine I want to build for it. not sure if it's going to get a 480" or 521" engine ..... got other plans for the 427 in it.

S CP

·
steelcomp was here
26,526 Posts
:))THumbsUp all around!
Jon...I've owned 14 Mustangs. (4 69's) I'd know exactly what to do with it. :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
report from the Salt:

I ran 188.29 mph in the '88 Mustang GT today' 7,000 rpm. The salt on course 3 was a bit slippery. my gps showed a max speed of 192.7 but i lost traction about 1/8th mile before the lights at mile 3. was running 183.72 at mile 2 1/4.

the lincoln finally got thru tech this afternoon after working on it for 2 days in the pits. first shakedown run it ran 131. second shakedown run it ran 140 at 7,000. A/F was 10.5

making changes in the morning ....

mustang is running a 26" tire this year we think we are going to have the 28" tires mounted ...brother James and I are going to see who can push it to 200 first. you really have to drive the car at speeds above 175 on the salt.....

S CP :happy:

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
report from the Salt:

I ran 188.29 mph in the '88 Mustang GT today' 7,000 rpm. The salt on course 3 was a bit slippery. my gps showed a max speed of 192.7 but i lost traction about 1/8th mile before the lights at mile 3. was running 183.72 at mile 2 1/4.

the lincoln finally got thru tech this afternoon after working on it for 2 days in the pits. first shakedown run it ran 131. second shakedown run it ran 140 at 7,000. A/F was 10.5

making changes in the morning ....

S CP :happy:
Good luck Prez !

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the Lincoln is sitting in impound to make a back-up run on the record in the morning. current record is 162.2 the Hot Rod Lincoln ran 165.4 on it's 4th full throttle pass down the track. James was behind the wheel on a tune-up run to get the jetting right and it got a leg on the record, so instead of putting dad behind the wheel and losing a run James will try to back it up in the morning and then we'll change the gearing to pull another 400 rpms and send Dad out to run. Tomorrow you can back-up your run in the afternoon.

shifting at 9,000 rpm with the G-Force trans is a hoot ...just slam it into the next gear. I ran the car 2 days ago when the best we could do on the air fuel was 11:0 Shifted 1-2 at 8,500 and the other 3 shifts at 9,000. the car was running rich as hell and ran 157 at mile 3.

after dad makes a couple runs tomorrow I hope make one last pass in it with a taller tire to see what it does so we have an idea what we can do next year.

Sleeper CP

Jon

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the record is ours.......

165.4 yesterday and backed it up with a 164.2 this morning.... so we got the record by about 2.5 mph from a car that has multiple records over the past years.

Not bad for a virgin car and crew............

Jon

S CP :cool:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts