Banned
989 Posts
here is arizona we just take em out at least once a month :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
here is arizona we just take em out at least once a month :D :D
Must be a bummer in AZ in Ca we use'm every weekend :)hand

Completely drain (my choice) your fuel or fill your tanks full , (partial fuel tanks will sweat moisture like a cocktail glass) , Change the oil (optional till irst use) ,Drain the motor (water) drain the Wet logs (if applicable) pull the Spark plugs and with ignition disabled crank the motor while "fogging" WD 40 (or ??) into the intake (carb) till you get a "smidge' of mist from the plug holes . reinstall the plugs , snug em back in , throw a "desicant sack" in the bilge and store it in a clean dry place with a "breathable cat proof cover" Find your sweety ,Go make a fire in the fire place ,get a Toddy & Start dreaming about what your gonna do to your hot rod before spring (hope I didn't miss anything ) Tom

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Yup...what he said OR do as I have always done and take it out at least once a month to blow it out. Its kind of cool driving your boat across the lake in late December with jeans, a sweatshirt, and shoes on!! ;)

·
Banned
989 Posts
Must be a bummer in AZ in Ca we use'm every weekend :)hand
i said AT LEAST once a month...in between all the "winter" riding and shooting trips. hell, over thanksgiving weekend we'll be riding, shooting and boating..all in the same day! :)hand :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
There Should Be Drain Plugs In The Logs, And The Risers. Make Sure To Get Them Both, And To Get All The Water Out Of The Motor. If You Crack The Block, You Are Done. Every Ford Around Here Is Broke At The End Of The Season, So They Have To Be Removed Any Way. Then They Get Drained Completly. Lol

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
What about the jet itself, usually I drain the block then pour rv antifreeze in untill it runs pink out of the pump. Is there enougph water in the jet to worry about?

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
What about the jet itself, usually I drain the block then pour rv antifreeze in untill it runs pink out of the pump. Is there enougph water in the jet to worry about?
Kreg ,Pull your bowl plugs and "dip stick it" if its not milky its fine , if your running grease no worries. drain all the water and call it good , I'm not down with the anti freeze thing personally.

RE the wet logs etc , sometimes the plugs are a B*tch ,just pull the lines and neck down you wet dry Vac to evac .

Guys with a lot of sand (potential) ,wet sand will freeze and expand too , every year we get a boat in (usually Fords and Olds) that has freeze plugs laying in the bilge or ... a bilge full of h20 from that first attempt to use the boat if you open your drain petcock and nothin comes out chances are your sand impacted (gotta clean it !)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
CB on a chevy there are drain plugs on each side of the block, I'm not gonna be much help on a ferd. Tom or re "dipstickin it" I have 1 bowl plug that is a grease zerk and one that sq. headed plug. I'm not sure if I'm lubed or greased. If your running lube are you saying just stick something down there and check it that way? Btw if a fella does have oil....where is the drain plug??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kreg ,Pull your bowl plugs and "dip stick it" if its not milky its fine , if your running grease no worries. drain all the water and call it good , I'm not down with the anti freeze thing personally.

RE the wet logs etc , sometimes the plugs are a B*tch ,just pull the lines and neck down you wet dry Vac to evac .

Guys with a lot of sand (potential) ,wet sand will freeze and expand too , every year we get a boat in (usually Fords and Olds) that has freeze plugs laying in the bilge or ... a bilge full of h20 from that first attempt to use the boat if you open your drain petcock and nothin comes out chances are your sand impacted (gotta clean it !)
Good Call! My 460 was so full of sand that I had to put it on the hose and blow the sand out of the drains before I could drain the water. I can't believe how much sand was in there.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
CB on a chevy there are drain plugs on each side of the block, I'm not gonna be much help on a ferd. Tom or re "dipstickin it" I have 1 bowl plug that is a grease zerk and one that sq. headed plug. I'm not sure if I'm lubed or greased. If your running lube are you saying just stick something down there and check it that way? Btw if a fella does have oil....where is the drain plug??
Kreg I'm guessin that means we (or you) made your bowl "greasable" vs oil filled ? can't recall but if ya got Grease and not oil "not to worry" but always pull the plug before pumping the zirk or risk "jacking out the bowl/shaft seal , re "drain plug" there are none on the Berks,just fill with oil till it come out the other ,in the event it needs to be "drained" we use a suction gun with a probe tip Tom

Canadian , yeah its always a concern when you pull the petcock and nuthin comes out ! (impacted) this also can cause you lower cyls to run hot ...

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
If that water ain't frozen....

Not in Utah. Wacker Hero.:)grn:)hand
You should be boating....Good gear, full face hemet, gortex pants and jacket, ski gloves....

I am boating when you are snuggling by the fire with a Mocha, sissy..:p

Oh, I almost forgot...the V-drive/Jet boat "park and Blab" (sandbar) is closed during winter... what would you do out there with a boat designed for a 3 second burst?

Get a whacker...buy some gear....expand your boating footprint. :D

Attachments

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
You should be boating....Good gear, full face hemet, gortex pants and jacket, ski gloves....

I am boating when you are snuggling by the fire with a Mocha, sissy..:p

Oh, I almost forgot...the V-drive/Jet boat "park and Blab" (sandbar) is closed during winter... what would you do out there with a boat designed for a 3 second burst?

Get a whacker...buy some gear....expand your boating footprint. :D
"park & blab" lmao :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts