Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have another boat to rewire but this time i want to put on the jackets at the ends that say what wire it is. anyone know where to get them at?

R

·
0 Posts
ok so i have another boat to rewire but this time i want to put on the jackets at the ends that say what wire it is. anyone know where to get them at?
Depends on how fancy you want to get. Homedepot has the stick on type with #'s, standard stuff. Or, you can go to an electrical house and buy a vinyl printer like Thomas and Betts that will print whatever you want on a sleeve. You can get these in shrink vinyl that look really cool. You'll end up spending a couple hundred bucks for this setup. I've seen them on ebay for cheaper. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Depends on how fancy you want to get. Homedepot has the stick on type with #'s, standard stuff. Or, you can go to an electrical house and buy a vinyl printer like Thomas and Betts that will print whatever you want on a sleeve. You can get these in shrink vinyl that look really cool. You'll end up spending a couple hundred bucks for this setup. I've seen them on ebay for cheaper. Good luck.

Check on summit, or Best buy, I would be willing to bet Fry's has them. You are looking for some shrink ones right?

What did terry think? I can do some other samples if you are interested, also, I figured out how to save as annother format for samples instead of printing and scanning.
Cy

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Buy light colored shrink sleeve and a fine line black permanent sharpie, and write neatly.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have all the different color wires. i just want to make this one a little nicer:D kinda like from the factory.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The printers that make printed shrink tube are really slick. We use them all the time at work. They are pricey.

I've seen lots of wiring with cheap stick on label maker decals under clear shrink tube. Looks great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts