Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with wiring the gauges. What are the proper color wire to use? Heres the dash layout from left to right, ignition, kill button, bilge, oil temp, oil pressure, tach, water temp and fuel. Has a mag now but would wire for a future elec. tach and no alt. yet but a volt gauge could go in a pod on the motor with a fuel pressure gauge.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Standard Marine Wire Code Table

Red Constant Hot
Black Ground
Purple Key-on Power
Yellow/Red Neutral Safety
Tan Water Temperature
Dark Blue Gauge Lighting
Pink Fuel Sender
Gray Tachometer
Light Blue Oil Pressure
Brown/White Trim Indicator
Brown Bilge Pump
Green/White Trim Down
Blue/White Trim Up
Green/Orange Independent Tilt Down
Blue/Orange Independent Tilt Up
Yellow/Black Choke Circuit
Yellow/Red Starting Circuit
Black/Yellow Ignition Cut-

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Need help with wiring the gauges. What are the proper color wire to use? Heres the dash layout from left to right, ignition, kill button, bilge, oil temp, oil pressure, tach, water temp and fuel. Has a mag now but would wire for a future elec. tach and no alt. yet but a volt gauge could go in a pod on the motor with a fuel pressure gauge.
Try this.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, both of those really help. I hate wiring, not looking forward to laying on my back, fumbling around with those connectors and nuts and washers. Maybe I can talk my son in to doing it for me.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The one thing missing in the drawing is for the fuel gauge and that wire is suppose to be pink. I've got to do the same thing and I did a temporary wire job to get the motor started and it won't be too bad.

Here's my wiring at the back of the motor, in the very bottom center of the photo:

My dash front:

Gauges from behind:

I hate to have to make the brackets fit the gauges t hold them to the dash. :D

Darn, I just noticed, I've got the hook up the steering too.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I need to find out how to use the thumbnails when I want to show photos. I'm a :)sphss
Why? The way you are doing it is the better way as the pics show up full size. No need for people to click on thumbnails to see the full size pic.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Why? The way you are doing it is the better way as the pics show up full size. No need for people to click on thumbnails to see the full size pic.
I just thought that's the way people liked things... Double clicking gives them something to do. :D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I just thought that's the way people liked things... Double clicking gives them something to do. :D
No I hate clicking on the thumbnails!:mad: The pictures are a lower resolution too, until you click on them again. Then they open up again with the full sized image. Very annoying. Keep doing it how you're doing it, please. Got enough to do reading all the posts and responding to some of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts