Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Anyone have a diagram on this? Its for an electric ram for my engine hatch.

Also, would like to incorporate a relay...
A diagram for three wires? Hopefully there is a "C" a "1" and a "2", or NC ,C, NO...or NO, C, NO

Being is it is for a hatch cover actuator, it should read NO, C, NO with a momentary on off on description, common is the power pole or "hot", green goes to the upper pole (which should be hot when the switch is pushed downward) and the blue goes to the bottom pole (which is vice versa of the green). Think blue sky (up) green grass (down)...:)devil

Hope this helps...BTW it will require two relays (up and down)...

GT :)hand

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I thought my switch was a SPDT, but I guess if it has 6 terminals it is DPDT?

Switch worked in this application but I pulled it off and of course lost the pic of how it was wired.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Okay, I thought my switch was a SPDT, but I guess if it has 6 terminals it is DPDT?

Switch worked in this application but I pulled it off and of course lost the pic of how it was wired.
Still a piece of cheese, use one side of the switch, or, both tops, both middles and both bottoms (doubles the amp rating of the switch:)bulb)

Middle one is still power. Does this actuater have two or three wires? you may need to wire it up for a polarity switch if two wire. You said ram, I assumed (there's that word again) you meant hydraulic, it is proably a ball screw electric jack ...different dog.

GT :)hand

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GT, thanks for the assistance.

It is an electric actuator. It has 2 wires. Previously only the switch & actuator were wired. Im wanting to introduce the relays to try & speed it up.

·
It is what it is
2,580 Posts
Six pole switch.

3 on the left and 3 on the right.

Put you battery power, pos and neg on the middle poles.

Take your two wires from your ram, and split them so you have 4 wires. So wire A will be in opposite corners of the ram, and wire b will be in opposite corners of the ram. I use 10 gauge for everything. Use a dist block behind the dash to split up your wires. If the polarity is wrong, just switch corners until it goes up and down according to the switch. You can also do it with smaller wires and buy relays.

The other way to do it is. Put the wires from the ram in the middle. Split up the positive and negative into 4 wires and put them in opposite corners. It will work the same as above.

The other thing I like to do is wire a dist block at the ram, so you can eliminate butt connectors. Then take two wires off the dist block and run them under you back seat. If you battery ever dies you can take a drill battery and touch it to the wires to make your ram go up. Just make sure the wires have a spade connectors on them and take the opposite spade connectors with no wires, connect them to them so that they can't short out under the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.