Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do women need equal pay statistically? A lot of women get jobs and they used it more as a hobby. They show up late from dropping off kids, leave early to pick up kids. May or may not work at home to make up the time (if they really do, I question how productive it is) or they work part time all together.

Why on earth do we need to have statistically the same pay numbers for the male showing up at 5-6am and leaving at 6-7pm every single day. If they want equal pay, stop treating your job like a hobby job.

Women are more likely to take care of the kids and the home still today. That is why there is a difference in the statistics. If you want equal pay, don't have kids and work just as hard as the male counterparts. It's that simple.

Yes I konw there are individual cases that do no fit this but statistically in the big picture this is how the world is.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
Why do women need equal pay statistically? A lot of women get jobs and they used it more as a hobby. They show up late from dropping off kids, leave early to pick up kids. May or may not work at home to make up the time (if they really do, I question how productive it is) or they work part time all together.

Why on earth do we need to have statistically the same pay numbers for the male showing up at 5-6am and leaving at 6-7pm every single day. If they want equal pay, stop treating your job like a hobby job.

Women are more likely to take care of the kids and the home still today. That is why there is a difference in the statistics. If you want equal pay, don't have kids and work just as hard as the male counterparts. It's that simple.

Yes I konw there are individual cases that do no fit this but statistically in the big picture this is how the world is.
Words of wisdom from a man who gets paid for the hours he attends rather than for what he knows.

Women are better multi-taskers then men, it's just the way it is. Many offer different strengths and skillsets, again a huge generalization but historically true.

I think the left using women is as bad as your argument above, personally.
Women have chosed to align themselves with the Dems, not all obviously but most.

·
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think the left using women is as bad as your argument above, personally.
Reality (stupid emotion seems to be forced when you type reality) isn't always what you want it.

There are women who do not use jobs as a hobby and there are women that do. I don't see very many men using their job as a hobby. This is why it appears women do not make as much as men in statistics.

Also, I'm pretty sure boses are going to notice that if the shift ends at 4 and you leave every day no matter what needs to get done, your pay will be severly different over time of the person willing to go the extra mile and staying late to get it done. Men are statistically more likely do to do this becuase we are able in the family dynamic.

All my comments in this thread are targeted at salary employees who may or may not get overtime.

·
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Women are better multi-taskers then men, it's just the way it is. Many offer different strengths and skillsets, again a huge generalization but historically true.
Really, becuase I just read a study on this that said otherwise. Maybe you should stop taking common wisetails as fact. There is contradictions all over the internet on this subject.

I'm talking salary, with or without overtime. I don't always get overtime as salary and I'm sure many other millions of people are in the same boat.

Words of wisdom from a man who gets paid for the hours he attends rather than for what he knows.
I'm glad you've seen my performance reviews.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

Women have chosed to align themselves with the Dems, not all obviously but most.
Maybe on the planet of "Jen and Rod"!!:)bulb:happy:

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Really, becuase I just read a study on this that said otherwise. Maybe you should stop taking common wisetails as fact. There is contradictions all over the internet on this subject.

I'm talking salary, with or without overtime. I don't always get overtime as salary and I'm sure many other millions of people are in the same boat.
Hell, I'll work 12 -15 hrs a day for 2-3 days and earn nothing, then make $5K -$10K on day 4.

I haven't punched a clock since....I cant even remember.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

Wrong Rod, not MOST women.

Reality (stupid emotion seems to be forced when you type reality) isn't always what you want it.

There are women who do not use jobs as a hobby and there are women that do. I don't see very many men using their job as a hobby. This is why it appears women do not make as much as men in statistics.

Also, I'm pretty sure boses are going to notice that if the shift ends at 4 and you leave every day no matter what needs to get done, your pay will be severly different over time of the person willing to go the extra mile and staying late to get it done. Men are statistically more likely do to do this becuase we are able in the family dynamic.

All my comments in this thread are targeted at salary employees who may or may not get overtime.
Icy, I don't think its a valid argument. I don't believe that we need the left to legislate equality for women. The Lilly Ledbetter act imo is a law to sue, nothing to do with equal pay.

I believe an employee is an employee no matter what the employees race or sex is. I believe the individual commands what his or hers labor is worth or what they are willing to work for , not a law.

I could call a baseball player a hobby job while you call a mom selling pampered chef a hobby not a job. I don't think there is any real need to discuss legislated equality just like I disagree with the ever rising minimum wage.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
The question in last nights debate concerning women and equal pay was little more then a planted diversion. The reality is there are very few business's that can be run with an employee base that makes their own schedule. I can't think of any that don't relate to clerical skills.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
The question in last nights debate concerning women and equal pay was little more then a planted diversion. The reality is there are very few business's that can be run with an employee base that makes their own schedule. I can't think of any that don't relate to clerical skills.
Exactly. If a woman can't accept a postion and hold her end of the contract barring any emergency that pulls her away, which would pull a father away too, she shouldn't accept the job.

All that said, there are plenty of women/family friendly employers. Good employers are out there.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Dogma's a bitch.
309 Posts

This sounds remakably like something that in my personal opinion Ram or Chuck-a-Cox would post.

Let me ask you this; why on earth should women be paid less than men for the same job?

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
We have a woman in our department that believes that the company should tailor it's hours around her personal schedule. The subject of her kids comes up often. When asked about where her husband is in this, she said that even though her husband's schedule is more flexible, she doesn't trust him. She didn't like it when I said that if she couldn't work with the schedule (we work 24/7 359) she shouldn't have applied for this job....She didn't like that. BTW, there are a number of women that work in our department that have no problem with the schedule. Some have kids.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
This sounds remakably like something Ram or Chuck-a-Cox would post.

Let me ask you this; why on earth should women be paid less than men for the same job?
It is? I don't think your pay should depend on whether you are a man or woman, I do believe whioleheartedly it should be merit based. Any other ideas you would like to falsely attribute to me?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Everbody knows the only reason to have a woman in the work force is for eye candy and to make coffee. ;)

( Sorry Icy, I wouldn't touch this one with a Moose Coxs)

·
Dogma's a bitch.
309 Posts
It is? I don't think your pay should depend on whether you are a man or woman, I do believe whioleheartedly it should be merit based. Any other ideas you would like to falsely attribute to me?
Yes, it is, and I will explain why.

You (and Mr. cocks) have a habit of coming into this forum and posting what you should know will be a volatile subject with nothing other than your own opinion or some page 9 Google stats to back it up, often not returning to answer the calls.

Icy's post is very much in that style.

Now before you go there, I absolutely agree that is a public forum and all are welcome to post any opinion. You surely must know however, what will and what will not be well recieved by the majority.

For the record, I encourage everyone to post whatever they please... I enjoy the reading, and occasionally like to interject.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Yes, it is, and I will explain why.

You (and Mr. cocks) have a habit of coming into this forum and posting what you should know will be a volatile subject with nothing other than your own opinion or some page 9 Google stats to back it up, often not returning to answer the calls.

Icy's post is very much in that style.
I have no idea what icy is attempting to accomplish with this thread nor do I care. Often times when I "don't return to answer the call," it could be because I am busy, or I could just not be interested in replying to any of the posts. Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort of responding when certain people like Tommy, Dianne, Marvin, Bruce, or Bobby Miller comment.

·
Dogma's a bitch.
309 Posts
I have no idea what icy is attempting to accomplish with this thread nor do I care. Often times when I "don't return to answer the call," it could be because I am busy, or I could just not be interested in replying to any of the posts. Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort of responding when certain people like Tommy, Dianne, Marvin, Bruce, or Bobby Miller comment.
Fair enough.

I edited my post.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts