·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like we won't have to worry about him pushing mormanism on all of us! ;) I saw that yesterdat Scott.

Lee Iacocca endorsed Romney along with serveral other newspapers across the country.
I know, but the question is, why won't the Tribune?

I've never believed that a "business man" was the best choice for running the country, regardless of the status of the economy. The US is not a business, it's a representative government. It doesn't need to tell business people what to do from a busiuness stand point, it needs to get out of the way and let the business people of the country run the businesses.
Now the USA...that's another subject. ;)
I wonder if Romney knows the difference. :)bulb

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

I've never believed that a "business man" was the best choice for running the country, regardless of the status of the economy. The US is not a business, it's a representative government. It doesn't need to tell business people what to do from a busiuness stand point, it needs to get out of the way and let the business people of the country run the businesses.
I agree, we need someone that gets out of the way of business. I dont mind a business man over a community organizer. Romney has a record to stand on. Obama has nothing.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Maybe because instead of being mostly for Mormons they are extreemly liberal, like most of the Newspapers left these day's. :confused:

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Here is who owns the paper. Copy and pasted from wiki.

The Salt Lake Tribune is the largest-circulated daily newspaper in the U.S. city of Salt Lake City. The Tribune, often referred to as just "the Trib," is owned by the Denver-based MediaNews Group, and operated in a joint operating agreement with the Deseret News through Newspaper Agency Corporation. For almost 100 years it was a family-owned newspaper held by the heirs of U.S. Senator Thomas Kearns. After Thomas Kearns died in 1918 the company was controlled by his widow, Jennie Judge Kearns and son Thomas F. Kearns. The newspaper's long-time publisher was John F. Fitzpatrick, who started his career as Senator Kearns' secretary in 1913.
The newspaper's motto, at the top of its masthead, is "Utah's Independent Voice Since 1871."

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I guess you saw this:

Tribune endorsement (Barack Obama) goes viral ...
Updated Oct 20, 2012 01:54 PM
Editorial: Short takes
Editorial: Recanzone in 6
Commentary: Romney offers a snow job on jobs
Commentary: Losing the future to Romney
Commentary: 3 ways Obama won the debate
Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Entertainment, Business - The Salt Lake Tribune

Look at the last three? Mormon or Liberal. I choose the latter. ;)

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
......The US is not a business, it's a representative government.....
The US has an income....
The US has expenses.....
The US has employees...
The US has a payroll.....
The US purchases good...and at times sales goods....
The US has a budget....(well not counting the last 4 years)
The US has positions for a President, VP, SEC, Treasure....

Sure sounds like a business to me....it seems to me an individual with profound 'business experience" with emphasis on "failing business ventures" would be a good choice to bring back discipline and keep all of the above in line and operating properly. But of course, it is NOT a business, just functions as one

......... It doesn't need to tell business people what to do from a busiuness stand point, it needs to get out of the way and let the business people of the country run the businesses.
:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

.......I wonder if Romney knows the difference. :)bulb
Considering his experience I would say "yes". It is painfully obvious ZERO does NOT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION!

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The US has an income....
The US has expenses.....
The US has a payroll.....
The US has a budget....(well not counting the last 4 years)
The US has positions for a President, VP, SEC, Treasure....

Sure sounds like a business to me....it seems to me an individual with profound 'business experience" would be a good choice to keep all of the above in line and operating properly. But of course, it is NOT a business, just functions as one
...and there in lies the problem. Thanks for making my point.
The USA is a corportation and a defacto government. They've made a business out of what is supposed to be a represeantative leadership.

Untill we get a president in office that recognizes this and acknowledges this, there will be no changes in the direction we're heading. Certainly not under Romney's leadership.

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
...and there in lies the problem. Thanks for making my point.
The USA is a corportation and a defacto government. They've made a business out of what is supposed to be a represeantative leadership.

Untill we get a president in office that recognizes this and acknowledges this, there will be no changes in the direction we're heading...
Well the country is sure as hell is not going to run itself without experienced leadership, and it sure as hell can not function without infastructure :bangmyhead:

It has been setup this way from the beginning......

...Certainly not under Romney's leadership.
So I guess your choice is Obama?

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well the country is sure as hell is not going to run itself without experienced leadership :bangmyhead:
LOL...and the government is doing a WONDERFUL job.:)hammers

So I guess your choice is Obama?
Unfortunately it's a lesser of two evils this year. If I vote, my vote will be a vote against Obama, and for no other reason which is a sad, sad testimony. I don't trust Romney's intentions because I don't know Romney's intentions and I see potential for bad things...but I KNOW Obama's intentions, and it's already clear the bad things that are coming, and have come from that. That just needs to stop.

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who would be your ideal candidate Scott ? Just out of curioisity.
Not sure...I'd have to give that some thought. If you mean alive today, I don't think there is one.

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
LOL...and the government is doing a WONDERFUL job.:)hammers
Now I can reciprocate...Thanks for making my point. You and I may not be too far apart....

Questions: Do we ever really know the "true intentions" of those individuals running for office?
I say, NO.....unfortunately it is a wait and see.....Therefore we must do our personal best to "seek out the truth" and weigh the differences of those who step forward for the job. Sometimes it is most unfortunate we have a limited few to select from. ...this is all we got, that is simply how the process was designed and this is how a democracy functions.

However, based on his experience, I personally believe Romney is an excellent choice for the job. One of the best choices we have had for decades as neither side of the isle has very much to be proud of. We must put things in proper order! I say "do not re-elect anyone, all the way down the line". The bums have failed us repeatably and all need to be thrown out! The fact that you and I are allowed to disagree on our selection or choice is just one of the major factors that keeps this country GREAT! Whomever one decides to vote for should be based on seeking the truth about that individual as per their own research and view point and not based on the political BS from the opposing parties or a biased media! As YOU demonstrated per your original post in this thread.

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
The Salt Lake Tribune is the Harry Reid of "Mormon Newspapers". Both Mormon and both Irrelevant when it come to politics.

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Not sure...I'd have to give that some thought. If you mean alive today, I don't think there is one.
If that's the case then you don't have a dog in this fight. I wouldn't worry about it either way if I were you since you have nothing to lose and nothing to gain no matter who wins in November.

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
With all due respect, here in lies the problem.
You want to look back over your shoulder and name someone with a history and proven track record. Hell, anybody can do that, but in reality we do not have that luxury! It takes courage and mental strength to seek out and develop your own opinions as to who will or may be the next "great one". The next "great one" will never be great unless we give them the opportunity to prove themselves. Sometimes we get it right, and sometimes we get it wrong. But I sure as hell am not going to have someone decide for me!

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With all due respect, here in lies the problem.
You want to look back over your shoulder and name someone with a history and proven track record. Hell, anybody can do that!
It takes courage and mental strength to seek out and develop you own opinions as to who will be the next "great one". Sometimes we get it right, and sometimes we get it wrong. But I sure as hell am not going to have someone decide for me!
LOL...so you had a choice in who is running for president? You have more decided for you than you're even aware of, but you just go on believing that you're making your own decisions. Bravo!!! LOL...

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I live in Utah and can tell you that the trib has always been left leaning. Unless the Deserette News bought it like they said they were, it wasn't under the Mormon church. It's never been considered a Mormon news paper. We gentiles subscribe to it. The deserette news is the largest Mormon news paper.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts