Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sell me a new Hull and have everything in it minus the motor. Reason being most boat builders are in California and I want to have my motor built here in AZ. Anyone done anything like this before?

OverKill

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
I'm sure they would. $$$$ talks. Depending on what hull your looking for.

I know that Wicked was laying them up minus motor.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
A lot of the smaller boat builders offer a wide varity of options, So Cal offers Just hull, trailer and hull, hull with just intake, with pump etc, to full rigged minus motor or with motor. Its all about how much you want to do and how much you want to pay.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Jim at Warhawk, which is here on the east coast does this all the time. You can buy the boat bare hull with the intake set and your choice of single/tandum trailer. Its all about the $$$$

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Sell me a new Hull and have everything in it minus the motor. Reason being most boat builders are in California and I want to have my motor built here in AZ. Anyone done anything like this before?

OverKill
Ultra can do that for you.

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
Jim at Warhawk, which is here on the east coast does this all the time. You can buy the boat bare hull with the intake set and your choice of single/tandum trailer. Its all about the $$$$
I bought my boat from jim and I rigged the boat the way I wanted it. A person can save alot of $$$$ if you want to do the work.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ultra can do that for you.
Thanks everyone for the info. I have to say it was one of the questions I forgot to ask John W. when we talked about a month ago. He know's I realy like that 21' Deck and with my condition I feel that will accommodate my needs. Not to mention haul the mail when I get done with it:D.

OverKill

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info. I have to say it was one of the questions I forgot to ask John W. when we talked about a month ago. He know's I realy like that 21' Deck and with my condition I feel that will accommodate my needs. Not to mention haul the mail when I get done with it:D.

OverKill
Give John W or myself a call.

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
A friend did just that last year, the sweet part was the boat was valued at less than 10k reported = equals no property taxes here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Give John W or myself a call.
You got it, I think I'll do that. I know we can work something out. The reason behind all this is in the event something happens to the motor, I want to be able to take it down the street and have it fixed.

OverKill

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
You got it, I think I'll do that. I know we can work something out. The reason behind all this is in the event something happens to the motor, I want to be able to take it down the street and have it fixed.

OverKill

Make sure you have plenty of $$$ before you make that call.

I checked on a bare hull Ultra 21 deck before I purchased
my Daytona, Lets just say I was shocked...compared to what
TPR had priced me before he passed away.

·
Registered
418 Posts
From a company standpoint we would do what you are asking but we also have our limits. We try to avoid letting customers do "too" much of the rigging themselves to maintain the image of our product and the quality of the rigging etc. 6 years down the road when the boat has changed hands twice no one knows who "actually" built it and whatever the quality or condition of that boat becomes "your company name" so to speak.

Lots of guys want to use custome engines and we're often happier to work with them to get the install done in house. We know how to rig a boat and often will know better what works and doesn't. The guys who want a completely bare bones hull are the ones we try to avoid.

Its hard to imagine too many people doing a signifigantly better job of rigging than the stuff the expereinced boys out back are doing......

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Make sure you have plenty of $$$ before you make that call.

I checked on a bare hull Ultra 21 deck before I purchased
my Daytona, Lets just say I was shocked...compared to what
TPR had priced me before he passed away.
No S**T?? Check your PM's Please.

OverKill

1 - 20 of 29 Posts