Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It is a great venue. That is great news to have a test and tune at a facility like that before the season really starts.

How about a Roll Call?

1. We will be there for sure. BLOWN ASSETS #690

·
Distinguished Member
5,771 Posts
It's pretty much a race without the purse.
:cool: Ya'll come run your boats but we'll keep all the $$$. And if they're taking a que from NHRA's preseason test sessions, they'll be charging for spectators and crew members. :)sphss Regardless, it's a cool deal for those close enough to take advantage of it. What I'm waiting for is when Lucas will answer the call for a race in CA :thumb:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Would it be acceptable for someone to test/tune if they have no formal racing experience as long as the boat met safety reqirements?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I will check the rule book for the safety equipment required and make sure the boat can pass the tech inspection, try to make test and tune.

·
Distinguished Member
5,771 Posts
David, Why ?? We have the njba a great organization...
Not taking anything away from NJBA. I've said it many times, top notch organization run by really good peeps at one of the premier sites anywhere (Bako of course). That said, I sure miss racing at Chowchilla/Red Bluff, seeing decent fields of top alcohol flat/hydros and even an occasional full pass from a fueler. :)devil Oh, and spectators... :D

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
They race in san diego is awesome and if Lucas does long beach that would be cool. But other than that I don't see them seeking out any other venues.

·
Administrator
16,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Might be a good place for a rookie like me to get a fill for this racing thing:cool:
Lol we tried our hand at drag boat racing at Purcell one year. Info Jr. had 3 or 4 boats on the guy and broke out.:shock: lol he was focused on getting down track. On the way back to the pits about the outramp. A friend of ours rode up on a pit bike and said "dumbass" and rode off. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Why? Just basing one post on what I heard at the LODBRS banquet, by the guys running the sanctioning body. Don't know for sure, but thought people were up for more CA races.
Would love to race Irvine however i highly doubt it will ever happen. The traffic plan alone would make the race next to impossible to have there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts