Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna go look at this boat tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any info on Wreidt. Did they build good boats? I cant find anything on a bubble deck version of their boats.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IF not mistaken, the Rated X Top Fuel Jet was a Wreidt Hull...thats all I know
Hmm if they made a good race boat they probably made a good cruiser as well... I hope

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
That looks like a wriedt maverick. Look at the bow gas tank, they were fiberglass, and leak. Good little cruisers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks like a wriedt maverick. Look at the bow gas tank, they were fiberglass, and leak. Good little cruisers.
Cool thanks! and I will look at that tank!

·
NW Boater
121 Posts
Twin to my old boat

i had the same boat wriedt maverick 19
was a awesome lake boat great cruiser
true about the bow tank but ways around that
now the best thing i did was scatter the olds fist 30 minutes out
and built a mild aluminum headed BBC
Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had the same boat wriedt maverick 19
was a awesome lake boat great cruiser
true about the bow tank but ways around that
now the best thing i did was scatter the olds fist 30 minutes out
and built a mild aluminum headed BBC
Kevin
Wow that red metal flake looks great!! good to hear its a great cruiser. Thats what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My buddy has one with the bow tank. My thought was to cut all of it out with leaving about 2" all the way around the bottom where it's glassed to the floor. Use that as a bracket to hold an aluminum tank.

·
NW Boater
121 Posts
Got min to run 70 on gps .
and it rode like a caddillac really smooth ..
only reason i sold it was i picked up a Daytona 19
would have liked to have both she was pretty and a great family boat

Kevin

·
Registered
46 Posts
mine

i have a 73 Wriedt Stinger. I like it alot. I was never told about the bad gas tanks, so after i replaced the rotten stringers and transom, carpet, and rebuilt my heads, i had the nose up in the air, putting some fuel in her for the maiden voyage. gas came pouring down my new carpet, to the new gel coat.... it sucked. i cut that crap out and put a new one up front.. now im considering 2 side tanks for more speed... or just build a new bbc for the Sanger 18'10 i have..lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had a Spoiler 19 with a mild SBC..most fun, reliable boat I've ever had, wish I kept it. Really well built.. Actually trying to hunt down another one to restore :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 18' wreidt executive not a bad boat at all, but its not one to get goin too fast either, lol the maverick is a differnt hull obviously, i tried and tried to search for info on wreidts , jerry is still in buisness and emailed me back , told me if i had questions to give him a call, i just didnt have any that seemed important enough to ask, fuel tanks do suck , floors easy enough to replace, i like mine to toy around in and shoots a hell of a roost.

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
IF not mistaken, the Rated X Top Fuel Jet was a Wreidt Hull...thats all I know
I believe it was a PlaceCraft but if it was a Wreidt it didn't work out to well lol

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I am gonna go look at this boat tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any info on Wreidt. Did they build good boats? I cant find anything on a bubble deck version of their boats.

Pretty Classic Jet Boat, owned/bought/sold/worked a few over the years actually re rigging one now Good Luck with it if you scoop it up !

·
Registered
53 Posts
great starter boat

I had that kind of boat as my first it is what my pics are of on here mild 468 bbc and stock Berkeley and add some water it was a blast great over all boat

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a Wreidt Maverick. Fun boat and built well. I now have a Wreidt Stinger that I'm doing a restro on. I replaced the gas tank, not a big deal.

The tank problem is not just Wreidt boats but any boat with fiberglass gas tanks that use e10 gas or any gas with ethanol in it. The ethanol eats the tank from the inside out. The gel coat (or some type of coating) on the inside of the tank, gets destroyed and will gum up the entire fuel system and I hear can ruin a motor. Point being, any fiberglass tank needs to be replaced with plastic or aluminum. Plastic is about half the price of aluminum. I ended up using a plastic thank from Moeller.

PM me if you get the boat and want to know first hand about a DIY tank replacement. You should be able to get money off the boat for the tank deal.

www.[B]moeller[/B]marine.com/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Original owner of a 1975 Wriedt Maverick here. It's been a good boat, but the fiberglass fuel tank has kept us from taking the boat out for the last few years. The carb gums up super quick and the boat will only run for 10-15 minutes before it starts spitting and popping from what I think is fiberglass resin that is liquefying in the gas and plugging everything. So I had the old fiberglass tank cut out of the under the bow, but that is as far as I've gone so far. It came out in 1 piece, pretty quick too. It was only glassed in at the back and had two "straps" of fiberglass....one off each side of the tank.

I haven't been able to find a pair of saddle gunnel tanks that are narrow enough to fit between the side of the hull and the seats/interior. So I guess I will put a bow tank back in the boat for another 40 years of use. I'm posting here in hopes of finding other people that have been there, done that before me and would be willing to offer suggestions and pointers on tank replacement. I see there is at least 1 other guy in CA(where I'm at too) who has already done a tank replacement job in a Wriedt Maverick.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts