Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any end in sight?

I just got news that Jon Stewart's The Daily Show and Stephen Colbert's The Colbert Report are going back on the air (here anyway) tomorrow night completely unwritten; all ad-lib. :D I'm so looking forward to that! :D :cool: So sick of repeats.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Sure wish it would end.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
The one Leno show I saw last week was just fine without the writers.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
I'm glad it's jacking up the Golden Globes. IMO the writers deserve residuals from the DVDs and reruns. They wrote the stuff, it's just like being a songwriter. Why should the studios get to keep all of the profit simply because they distributed it? Every time a song is played on the radio, the writer gets a residual. My cousin was a drummer for the Vandals for a few years, and he still gets checks quarterly. Television writers should be treated no differently. I fully support them.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I'm glad it's jacking up the Golden Globes. IMO the writers deserve residuals from the DVDs and reruns. They wrote the stuff, it's just like being a songwriter. Why should the studios get to keep all of the profit simply because they distributed it? Every time a song is played on the radio, the writer gets a residual. My cousin was a drummer for the Vandals for a few years, and he still gets checks quarterly. I fully support the writers.
I agree with you and was not, not supporting that in my statement re Leno show.

Did you get homes for all your puppies? You should start a thread here with some pics of them. :)devil :)

G

·
I hope they get back to work soon so that we don't have to watch reruns forever and also because I know some peeps on here are affected by it.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
I agree with you and was not, not supporting that in my statement re Leno show.

Did you get homes for all your puppies? You should start a thread here with some pics of them. :)devil :)
Yes, they are all gone. Thanks for asking, though. Jason helped me part with the last one.

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Medium is on tonight, yay! :) It's new; likely was written and taped before the strike. Looks like John and Stephen are new all this week as well - ad-lib style! I'm already smiling just imagining! :D

Women's Murder Club seems to have been another casualty of the strike; hasn't been a new one in a while.

New season of Nip/Tuck hasn't been aired up here yet; it's the only new episodes I've got to look forward to until the strike ends.

I also think the writers deserve residuals I just wish it wouldn't take this long to reach an agreement.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Medium is on tonight, yay! :) It's new; likely was written and taped before the strike. Looks like John and Stephen are new all this week as well - ad-lib style! I'm already smiling just imagining! :D

Women's Murder Club seems to have been another casualty of the strike; hasn't been a new one in a while.

New season of Nip/Tuck hasn't been aired up here yet; it's the only new episodes I've got to look forward to until the strike ends.

I also think the writers deserve residuals I just wish it wouldn't take this long to reach an agreement.
Is the Womens Murder Club any good? I read all the books and liked them alot, but i have never watched the T.V. show.....i was just wondering:p

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is the Womens Murder Club any good? I read all the books and liked them alot, but i have never watched the T.V. show.....i was just wondering:p
Yeah it really is - it's a typical crime drama except not really because there's this undercurrent of dark comedic content! :D The actor that used to be on Law & Order is in it (Angie Harmon?) - and Rob (hubba hubba!! yum!) Estes is in it also! :cool: The other actors I'm not familiar with but I find the characters enjoyable and I always enjoy the cases they solve. :)

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
I'm confused:)sphss
Did the writers not have a contract or deal before they decided it wasn't good enough for them anymore?

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The ad-lib shows were entertaining but I missed their writers afterall. Especially when the word remained blank. :(

It was great to see Medium back on the air too. Show's been rumored to be on the chopping block a few times; glad it's been wrong so far.

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Out of all the late night shows I feel that Conan can get by w/o the writers the best of the 5 shows. Kimmel, Dave (who claims to have them:)Unsure), Jay, and Craig.

I havent seen John (Daily Show) or the Cobert Report sense they have been back this week.

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
The ad-lib shows were entertaining but I missed their writers afterall. Especially when the word remained blank. :(

It was great to see Medium back on the air too. Show's been rumored to be on the chopping block a few times; glad it's been wrong so far.
Between Medium and Ghost Whisperer the later is a much better show IMO.
Medium was always kinda bland in comparison.

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Between Medium and Ghost Whisperer the later is a much better show IMO.
Medium was always kinda bland in comparison.
Maybe that's what I enjoy about Medium; it's understated, homey and seems almost believable. :) Besides I'm a long-time fan of Patricia Arquette's (she portrayed my favorite character in one of the Freddy movies and also loved every movie role she's done since). Haven't enjoyed anything of JLH's since Party of Five. Just personal preference I guess. :)

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Maybe that's what I enjoy about Medium; it's understated, homey and seems almost believable. :) Besides I'm a long-time fan of Patricia Arquette's (she portrayed my favorite character in one of the Freddy movies and also loved every movie role she's done since). Haven't enjoyed anything of JLH's since Party of Five. Just personal preference I guess. :)
Understated generally ends up on the "shows to be canceled" list. My wife loves Medium and loved last nights new show but both her and my daughter get excited about watching Ghost Whisperer.
Patricia, to me, is a kinda a sleepy actress and it comes accross in the show, I liked her sister(roseann?) better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts