Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a 1' shoe for a berk intake. If any one has one they want to unload please let me know.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
A 1" shoe is going to be very rare. Why do you think you need one that thick?

Saying it is "for a Berkeley intake" is just about meaningless. There's no limit to the various ways the intakes have been machined by shops/individuals through the years. Lots of different shapes and bolt patterns. Unless you can identify the shop that machined it, you will likely be making one from scratch.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a 3/4 in it now. I layed a strait edge on the rounded bottom and it was only 1/16 at most up. I wanted to try a 1" just to see what would happen. This would put it around a 1/4" up. I wanted to try this befor I cut the intake out and move it. It is already set back so the cleanout cover is outside the boat.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Make some shims, and shim it before going to the trouble of making another shoe. You may end up resetting the intake later on, what angle did you set it at?

·
Registered
194 Posts
come on supermachinist. i figured you would have made yourself a titanium one with a set of testicles milled into it by now! maybe a little less time browsing the forums at work and you can hook that up!:|err

1 - 7 of 7 Posts