Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a race ready Crackerbox. Doesn't need to be a front runner. Preferebly middle to front runner. Am hopful to find a wrap hull.
PM me if anyone has one for sale. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
You are becoming the Don Shumacher of circle boat racing.:)devil:)devil

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Crackerbox

Crackerbox racers are a funny bunch. There may be some really fast boats for sale, BUT they will not just sell them to anyone, very rare, very few. So if you just want one to have, build it. If your are going to race, bring your resume' and you may luck out.
Jeff.
P.S. check crackerboxracing.net for the classified section. (they ain't cheap!)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crackerbox guru

Crackerbox racers are a funny bunch. There may be some really fast boats for sale, BUT they will not just sell them to anyone, very rare, very few. So if you just want one to have, build it. If your are going to race, bring your resume' and you may luck out.
Jeff.
I have been talking with Jerry the last 3 days. I am sure he is tired of me, but always has time for my questions. Thanks everyone for the input.

Joe

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Jerry

Joe,
Jerry is my father-in-law and one of my hero's! He truly loves the sport and is always willing to help out others. He won't pull any punches, so if you are serious...
Jeff.

·
3,246 Posts
Call Mike Leech and go buy the P33 Tummy Gummer. The Gummer is one of the hottest crackers on the marker right now

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Jeff.
Anyone know the price of the p5, ballpark range? I really don't want to call and waste the guys time on the phone.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
P5 $$$$

How's the old saying go.. If you have to ask..j/k. Great boat, very light, best of everything and fresh engine. Like I said in an earlier post, these guys are not going to sell to anybody.
..and the price, lets say if you were to build one from scratch,a Racing Cracker,
$50k is a realistic number.
If you guys are serious about a Crackerbox, pay your dues, ride, not drive in a Racing Crackerbox for a least one racing season. These boats are very expensive to keep running and require a fine touch to handle. Just ask any old racer, "If you can drive/race a Crackerbox, you can drive/race anything".
Jeff.

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
How's the old saying go.. If you have to ask..j/k. Great boat, very light, best of everything and fresh engine. Like I said in an earlier post, these guys are not going to sell to anybody.
..and the price, lets say if you were to build one from scratch,a Racing Cracker,
$50k is a realistic number.
If you guys are serious about a Crackerbox, pay your dues, ride, not drive in a Racing Crackerbox for a least one racing season. These boats are very expensive to keep running and require a fine touch to handle. Just ask any old racer, "If you can drive/race a Crackerbox, you can drive/race anything".
Jeff.
I'm still in college but I'll graduate in December with my Aerospace Engineering degree, So yes I can't afford it right now which is why I would not call to waste his time. I would like to get into racing at some point in my life, hopefully sooner than later.

I'm hoping I'll eventually race in the K series but I'm trying to "plan" a starting point. I've always liked watching the Crackerbox's run. I probably won't be in the market for a boat for two more years.

I'm moving back close to my dad if I can find a job out there, I'm going to hopefully get him in the PS or SS class in his b-boat to start in the 2011 season.

Do you know how much of a racing budget we'd need for the P, PS and SS classes? I know the approximate K budget, how much lower are these other classes?

·
3,246 Posts
Andrew,
you may want to talk to Leach before throwing out the P-33. read my first post.
Jeff.
When Mike has a for sale sign on the boat at the long beach race, I would assume that this is for the general public to see that the boat is ready for a new owner. At that point I believe the cat is out of the bag

·
Registered
123 Posts
Contact Garland Privet about buying the P-111 that would be the best bang for the buck. The boat is running well and the engine is fresh with two races on it. I would bet if you made an offer between 20 and 25K you would have a race ready boat that will run with the pack and win on any given day. Stay away from the wood boats unless you want to be working on it all the time ask Rivergames he can tell you first had. Not that the wood boats don't run good because they do but most of them running today are all 40 plus years old. If that does not work for you I have a new wrap 1/2 made if you want it and want to start fresh build it a little at a time. I also beleave Jimmy Bookey has two new wraps as well he may part with one of them.

Scott Schatz
P-9, 92, 3, and 300

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Crackerbox

Contact Garland Privet about buying the P-111 that would be the best bang for the buck. The boat is running well and the engine is fresh with two races on it. I would bet if you made an offer between 20 and 25K you would have a race ready boat that will run with the pack and win on any given day. Stay away from the wood boats unless you want to be working on it all the time ask Rivergames he can tell you first had. Not that the wood boats don't run good because they do but most of them running today are all 40 plus years old. If that does not work for you I have a new wrap 1/2 made if you want it and want to start fresh build it a little at a time. I also beleave Jimmy Bookey has two new wraps as well he may part with one of them.

Scott Schatz
P-9, 92, 3, and 300
Scott do you have a telphone number for Garland Privet? Also can you call me regarding the new wrap you have half made, or how do I contact Jimmy Bookey.
Thanks very much. Looking forward to your call.

Joe LaKamp
(805) 358-8087 cell

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you seen the $5000.00 one here on the thread "need help with cracker box I.D." with a little work this would be a great boat to get the feel of a cracker, and you should check with the APBA as I think you can run this boat in the vintage class.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts