Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Looking for a tall polished aluminum scoop for a single carb 4500 dominator style. Anyone help me out? Thanks, Matt.
if u cant find 1, u can modify a 4150 scoop to work!...take the 4500 carb gasket (carb gasket where the a/c seals) & lay it over the 4150 scoop hole & trace it & then enlarge the hole & u can re-drill the holes for the float adjuster nuts...i did this on a Rogers scoop...works fine :)...just sayin'...my .02 cents :)

FastRat

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if u cant find 1, u can modify a 4150 scoop to work!...take the 4500 carb gasket (carb gasket where the a/c seals) & lay it over the 4150 scoop hole & trace it & then enlarge the hole & u can re-drill the holes for the float adjuster nuts...i did this on a Rogers scoop...works fine :)...just sayin'...my .02 cents :)

FastRat
I didn't even think of that. But figures I just sold my 4150 scoop and shipped it out yesterday. :)sphss. Thanks tho, I appreciate it. Matt

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Find anything yet Gullwing? Stop by and check out the new Retro scoop we're making out of fiberglass.
Not yet. I was hopin to find another polished aluminum style but no luck yet. I'll let you kno about the fiberglass setup if I need 1. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
scoop

Keep an eye on ebay, I just bought a 4150 scoop that was already modded to fit a 4500 carb for $20 plus shipping. Im gonna paint it but it looks fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts