Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an electronic fuel switcher but I want to run both tanks at the same time. Does anyone have a valve for sale or know where I can get one thats not stupid expensive?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i run each tank into a T & then out to the fuel pump...got the T at the hardware store :)...also...i have a fuel filter in each tank line before the T & 1 filter after the T & 1 filter after the pump to the carbs :)...just sayin'

FastRat

·
Registered
391 Posts
What kind of valve are you looking for? If you wnat to draw from both tanks at the same time, use a T fitting as suggested. If you want to draw from one tank at a time, there are several options. Depending on your fuel needs, i.t. big horse power, return needed, etc., the options range from not too expensive to several hundred dollars.

Whatcha need?

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
IMO not a good idea to pull from both tanks, if one tank empties faster than the other, when it gets low it will draw air into the system, I would stick with the valve you have, but thats my opinion

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the problem is that I installed a Rex Switch panel but the switches provided wont work to switch the gauge and the valve which is just dangling right now. I have one bad sender also so I figured if I draw from both tanks and run the gauge on the tank that actually works I wont have to buy a new sender or drill a new hole for my toggle. Has anyone else had experience pulling air from an empty tank?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Has anyone else had experience pulling air from an empty tank?
i have had my tanks in my boat since '73 (2- 12 1/2 gal) & have never had a bit of trouble with air in the lines...i have equal length hose from each tank to the T & then forward to the mech pump...it works for me! :)...just sayin'

FastRat

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
i have had my tanks in my boat since '73 (2- 12 1/2 gal) & have never had a bit of trouble with air in the lines...i have equal length hose from each tank to the T & then forward to the mech pump...it works for me! :)...just sayin'

FastRat
I have had this problem, with equal length hoses, if your runnin big HP why take the chance of leanin it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts