Performance Boats Forum banner

WTB jet boat hull

Tags
boat hull jet wtb
3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Outlaw 
#1 ·
Must have title. To make a long story short, I built a jet boat right before Hurricane katrina. Well we got 8' of water in our house and I lost all the boat papers I had. Now the Louisiana Dept of wildlife will not register my boat in any way. So I have a boat which I can't use. I'm looking for a 18-20'. I would like to use all my interior and motor out of my jet. Would like something around Louisiana. Thanks

#2 ·
Must have title. To make a long story short, I built a jet boat right before Hurricane katrina. Well we got 8' of water in our house and I lost all the boat papers I had. Now the Louisiana Dept of wildlife will not register my boat in any way. So I have a boat which I can't use. I'm looking for a 18-20'. I would like to use all my interior and motor out of my jet. Would like something around Louisiana. Thanks

You cant file for lost title? Reg it in another state. Write up a fake bill of sale and say the old owner lost the title. Get creative.:D

#5 ·
How long is the boat, in MN anything under 18 foot does not get a title. Sell it to somebody you know in MN (fake). Have them register it, and then (fake) sell it back to you with the MN paperwork, and register it in your state.

Ryan

#7 ·
How long is the boat, in MN anything under 18 foot does not get a title. Sell it to somebody you know in MN (fake). Have them register it, and then (fake) sell it back to you with the MN paperwork, and register it in your state.

Ryan
Sounds like we have a volunteer.:)devil

#8 ·
crf,

I can't believe that is happening after all that has already happened from Katrina!

I would start by calling your state headquarters DMV department, not your local DMV and explain to them your situation. I would keep going up the chain ("can I please speak with your supervisor?") until I spoke with the head of the DMV for the whole state. If you still didn't get an resolution, then I would contact a local, but major TV station, ABC, NBC, CBS, or FOX affiliate and see if they would give the State DMV some negative press over this situation. I'll bet it gets resolved quickly once that happens and without you having to buy another boat or forge some documents.

Good Luck!

#14 · (Edited)
I like this idea. As far as I know.........they're obligated to connect you with a superior if you needs aren't met. Take a day and start making some calls. If still no go do the TV thing. Ask for the names of the people you're speaking to. Keep a running list of who all you have dealt with. When you run out of superiors, make sure to let the last one know what your plan is.

We've got a show out here in Phoenix called 3 on your side (or something to that effect) which is there just for this type of problem. And.......it works especially when the name bombs start dropping.

You might be surprised. Public officials can move when properly motivated.

#10 ·
Yep thems there sum smart suns a biothces at the dmv. In utah(where I am) a boat older than 15 or 20 years(can't remember which one ) the boat is considered " an un titled watercraft" Btw mines an 81. So I go to register it and because its an out of state purchase I need to tow the boat in to inspect the vin/hull #. So we're getting done and her computer bleeps at her and she reads "can't issue title for this watercraft" so I say yep it's too old. She says oh yeh huh? So I say so wtf did I need to tow it in here for then? She says "I guess that doesn't make much sense does it" Sorry for the long read. I won't even go into the trailer part of it. BTW I like NO PU NO BUTTS idea. Get a hull # of a bayliner or sea ray.lol

#11 ·
So if you showed the dmv the pictures of the rebuild, why aren't we looking at them? Then someone would know what type hull it was and maybe find a better match on the old title. Or we could just look at the rebuild and compliment the work. :)grn

#13 ·
So if you showed the dmv the pictures of the rebuild, why aren't we looking at them? Then someone would know what type hull it was and maybe find a better match on the old title. Or we could just look at the rebuild and compliment the work. :)grn
I was working on a write up about the complete resto, at the time I got my responce from the dept. of wildlife here. Kind of put a damper on the mood. I will post some pictures soon. I was told the boat was sunkist, sleekcraft or mantra, who knows. Pics to come. Woould you like pictures of the house after the storm too:(

#16 ·
The DMV Bending him over after Katrina is criminal. Don't be a Pu$$y.

They work for us and should do their damn jobs. If they wont, I would go around them to get what I need done. It is not like stealing, it is his boat!!!

While you are at it, Hook up a Fema trailer and drag it home. They are so Fed up that they would never figure out it was gone. The government and their employeed need to use common sense every once in a while. Not everything is in a book.

Besides, He would just be recreating lost paperwork. Where is the crime in that?

#17 ·
Hey crf311,I am sorry for all You'r loss and troubles with the boat.
I am from just right up the street in Chalmette. Not that that helps in any way, just good to see Peeps from home on here.I know how crooked State departments and Officials can be there..Good Luck and post up some pics .....Hal

#18 ·
Hey crf311,I am sorry for all You'r loss and troubles with the boat.
I am from just right up the street in Chalmette. Not that that helps in any way, just good to see Peeps from home on here.I know how crooked State departments and Officials can be there..Good Luck and post up some pics .....Hal
I was born in Chalmette. You know what the officals are like. It has gotten a little better. You must remember how the wildlife agents are. Give them a badge and well you know. Spent my teenage years sking the Bayou .

#20 ·
Shhhhush! Don't tell the whole world you are conspiring with CRF311 to register his boat in Lousiana. The FBI guys are a little tired of looking for Bin Ladin and coming up empty handed. Catching you guys in an interstate boat registration conspiracy will make 'em look good again ! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.