Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 460 making just over 500hp, 21 ft sleek, berk jc, hits almost 70mph. Looking for more speed for next summer. Adding place diverter this winter and thinking about loader. Just confused about which is best for my application. Any input??

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Here is how it works..

Some shops build 1 generic part with really long ramps and leave it to the customer to trim the loader ramps to whatever they want or what the shop recommends that you do with the part.

Buying online like with cp for example gets you the same thing but you'll be on your own as to where to cut the ramps to if needed.

Other shops will go over all the specs of your boat and the type of boating you do and what your goals are and build the part for that specific application. This is the method we use.

Design, quality, materials everything varies from shop to shop also. They are not all the same part. Do a little research and you'll see some if the different designs out there.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Here is how it works..

Some shops build 1 generic part with really long ramps and leave it to the customer to trim the loader ramps to whatever they want or what the shop recommends that you do with the part.

Buying online like with cp for example gets you the same thing but you'll be on your own as to where to cut the ramps to if needed.

Other shops will go over all the specs of your boat and the type of boating you do and what your goals are and build the part for that specific application. This is the method we use.

Design, quality, materials everything varies from shop to shop also. They are not all the same part. Do a little research and you'll see some if the different designs out there.
Yea what Chris said.:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
also interested as I have the same boat and a little more power, this winter she is getting a SS impeller with a A-B cut so I can get in the power band of the motor 5600-5800rpm and only have the open grate for now

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kinda worried too about the loss of a trash barrier. Lots of crap in our rivers up here. So going to a loader I lose that protection??

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Kinda worried too about the loss of a trash barrier. Lots of crap in our rivers up here. So going to a loader I lose that protection??
Yes Matt you run that risk, the larger the seperation between "tines" (strainer type vs loader) the higher the likleyhood that you'll ingest something , there are those trade offs Tom

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
I keep my stock Berk rock grate in my truck...if after a storm my river may show a lot of debris. At the ramp I'll switch out my open loader or just go home.
Because, all it takes is one beefy, walnut size chunk of wood (stuck in your bowl vein) to ruin a day on the water. :))ThumbsDwn

·
Registered
393 Posts
i am running a loader on my eliminator. i never have a problem on lakes or reservoirs but i seem to always suck up something when i'm on the river. one time i pulled a beer can out of my impeller...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hopefully not light beer. Ya lakes up here pretty clean, the rivers full of leaves, logs, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts