Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Justsoyaknow, spark arrestors are for ATV's and they fit on the exhaust. Flame arrestors fit on carbs. I have court mon.am for a ticket for flame arrestors after the cop ask me where my spark arrestors were and i said 'spark arrestors? ya right, on a boat.
I guess to a water cop....flame...spark....(that one anyway)must be the same.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Justsoyaknow, spark arrestors are for ATV's and they fit on the exhaust. Flame arrestors fit on carbs. I have court mon.am for a ticket for flame arrestors after the cop ask me where my spark arrestors were and i said 'spark arrestors? ya right, on a boat.
I guess to a water cop....flame...spark....(that one anyway)must be the same.
you are correct

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Yep, and the water cop is a moron and should be removed from water patrol.
Wonder if he wanted it to be forestry apporved. What a dipshit.

TTspectra, have you considered a K&N instead of a SS mesh? They flow alot better. GC approved.
They make lots of different sizes.
LINK: K&N Marine Flame Arrestor
Ah...more evidence for court! Than You! Can i quote you on that or do i need to protect my sources?:wink2:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Ah...more evidence for court! Than You! Can i quote you on that or do i need to protect my sources?:wink2:
You can quote me, but only if you tell him I said he is a dumbass and is in need of major retraining.
Does your ticket say "spark arrestor"?

sorry for the hijack TT. Look into the K&N. With a twin turbo setup, your pulling some pretty serious air thru the carb. You need all the airflow you can muster.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would love to beable to fit one of those on there unfortunately i'd have to cut some fiberglass away to fit the 9" diameter.. i can clear about a 7" diameter till it would hit my transom

2012-07-05_19-10-50_660.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I've gotta 'Bendix' Zenith USA USCG APP'D model # B175-39 if it'll help. 7" diameter, 1..5" tall, 5" carb opening. Appears to be aluminium, not stainless. In Whittier, yours for a 12'r of BlueMoon.

Carl

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spark Arrestor / Flame Arrestor

[QUOTE

TTspectra:

Your citation should identify the specific DMV code violation.

Type the code information on Google to determine if the code refers to the requirements involving spark arrestors.

If so, you may have a way out of your problem. (Your boat does not require this equipment, so there is no violation.)

Also, I suggest that you be able to show the Court that you now have a flame arrestor.

One final point. My understanding is that not all boats are required to have a flame arrestor. If the carburetors are higher than the gunnels, then there is no possibility a backfire in the carb will ignite the gas fumes below deck.

You should verify this theory before you present it to a judge.

Good luck.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[QUOTE

TTspectra:

Your citation should identify the specific DMV code violation.

Type the code information on Google to determine if the code refers to the requirements involving spark arrestors.

If so, you may have a way out of your problem. (Your boat does not require this equipment, so there is no violation.)

Also, I suggest that you be able to show the Court that you now have a flame arrestor.

One final point. My understanding is that not all boats are required to have a flame arrestor. If the carburetors are higher than the gunnels, then there is no possibility a backfire in the carb will ignite the gas fumes below deck.

You should verify this theory before you present it to a judge.

Good luck.
i didn't get a ticket... lol i just need a flame arrestor. my boat has a hatch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts