Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you made would work for my application but no time to fabricate one. That is why I was trying to find one to buy. Too many projects going at once. I drag race pro bikes, snowmobiles, boats, anything fast. Thanks for the reply if you hear of anything let me know.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
What you made would work for my application but no time to fabricate one. That is why I was trying to find one to buy. Too many projects going at once. I drag race pro bikes, snowmobiles, boats, anything fast. Thanks for the reply if you hear of anything let me know.

I've got a fiberglass one...not too pretty but it's about 8" deep I think. Needs a little bodywork but it'll do the job. I'll send you some pics tonight if you want. PM me your email address.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Your going to be stuck with the deep fiberglass one if you dont want to fab something up. I think GS Marine has the mold for that piece, if not he knows where to get one.

Chris.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your going to be stuck with the deep fiberglass one if you dont want to fab something up. I think GS Marine has the mold for that piece, if not he knows where to get one.

Chris.
Thanks guys, i ended up staying up late last night and have my template made. Dave at CP talked me into it and has told me what i need to do. I do have one question. Should i make my aluminum plate out of 1/4 inch or what would be best? Thanks for the responses. You all have been a big help.

Tom
Z Racing :)devil

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Only needs to be 1/8th inch, or .125 thick. I've made them from .250 and .200 aluminum before, my current deal is .200 thick. If your mounting your steering tube on it, with the berkeley cut out, you may want to go with a minimum of .200 to reduce flex IMO. A pump brace is also in order, you won't have the extra support of the transom adapter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only needs to be 1/8th inch, or .125 thick. I've made them from .250 and .200 aluminum before, my current deal is .200 thick. If your mounting your steering tube on it, with the berkeley cut out, you may want to go with a minimum of .200 to reduce flex IMO. A pump brace is also in order, you won't have the extra support of the transom adapter.

Thanks for the input, I am going to go to 1/4 inch aluminum. Do you have any pics showing pump braces. I am also going to weld a plate on the inside of the transom plate for the steering tube to make the same thickness of a stock berkeley cover. Thanks Tom Z Racing

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Thanks for the input, I am going to go to 1/4 inch aluminum. Do you have any pics showing pump braces. I am also going to weld a plate on the inside of the transom plate for the steering tube to make the same thickness of a stock berkeley cover. Thanks Tom Z Racing
As far as the pump brace pics..do a search for" let's see your pump braces" there is a few threads that come up. I'd do a link if I knew how.

·
LIQUID QUARTER MILE
562 Posts
i just got done with mine i went with 3/16 plate b/c of location of hand hole 1/4 been to thick on this one but normally i would use 1/4 to add strenght just alittle more detail work involved but like always the thicker the better

·
LIQUID QUARTER MILE
562 Posts
mike

if ur not picky on color i use the right stuff never leaks but fun to get off or
5200 3m

·
Registered
17 Posts
what tools were used to make your plates i had to use saws all and angle grinder it sucked just curious what others used if i make it again. and is it normal to have the clean out threw the transom if i need to open it the plates need to come off . thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts