Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 82 bahner with a delta bottom with a shoe and ride plater , place Diverter I was told by jack at MPD that it will help my boat run better just looking to see if there is anything out there before I go buy one off the shelf let me know what you got and how much and I have a Berkeley jg split bowl

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I have a 82 bahner with a delta bottom with a shoe and ride plater , place Diverter I was told by jack at MPD that it will help my boat run better just looking to see if there is anything out there before I go buy one off the shelf let me know what you got and how much and I have a Berkeley jg split bowl
droops can wear out. ask jack. with a used one, you don't know what you're getting. don't waste time and money, just get a new one...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
droops can wear out. ask jack. with a used one, you don't know what you're getting. don't waste time and money, just get a new one...
ok that’s something I didn’t figure on thanks for the info now is there a difference between Berkeley,Eddie marine or the one marine industries west makes or are they all the same just different name

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a polished droop that I'm told is to deep for a tunnel so I need a different shorter one and it will sit here forever. Now as far as them wearing out I don't see a remote possibility of that solid aluminum piece wearing out unless the boogie man gets in there with a grinder while you're driving it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a polished droop that I'm told is to deep for a tunnel so I need a different shorter one and it will sit here forever. Now as far as them wearing out I don't see a remote possibility of that solid aluminum piece wearing out unless the boogie man gets in there with a grinder while you're driving it.
I ended up getting a strait snoot from hi tech performance but how much do you want and where are you located

·
Registered
592 Posts
If you should listen to anyone about jet boats on this site it is BP, he knows more than most people ever will.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
berkeley droops are cast, whether it's polished or not. the cup the nozzle rides in will wear out, and the seal won't effectively seal it. not suggesting every "used" droop is worn out. but they do wear.
also, huge difference between a straight snoot and a droop. i ran a droop for a long long time (actually 2 because the first one wore out). the boat/class i run now, the boat would be completely out of control with a droop. it all depends on application. if jack suggested a droop, that's probably the right move...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
berkeley droops are cast, whether it's polished or not. the cup the nozzle rides in will wear out, and the seal won't effectively seal it. not suggesting every "used" droop is worn out. but they do wear.
also, huge difference between a straight snoot and a droop. i ran a droop for a long long time (actually 2 because the first one wore out). the boat/class i run now, the boat would be completely out of control with a droop. it all depends on application. if jack suggested a droop, that's probably the right move...
Well I didn’t get a used snoot I got a new strait snoot and a few wedges to see if It helps me any I need to speak with jack again about this I was last year we were talking about it and he said it would depend on how I feel the boat rides on ether one so giving those a try

1 - 8 of 8 Posts