Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called to get a price on some brake pads for my Jeep SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. Parts guy comes back with a price of 512.00 (or close to that, 500+)

uh, ok. Napa, Baxters and a local performance shop ranged from 44 to 70 bucks. WTF Jeep? I know the dealerships sometimes are more, but c'mon, thats just nuts!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Called to get a price on some brake pads for my Jeep SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. Parts guy comes back with a price of 512.00 (or close to that, 500+)

uh, ok. Napa, Baxters and a local performance shop ranged from 44 to 70 bucks. WTF Jeep? I know the dealerships sometimes are more, but c'mon, thats just nuts!
Well you have to factor in the cost of holding on to thousands of jeeps not being sold so they are trying to make it up on the parts :D:D

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Calling the guys at the parts counter of a dealership is always good for a laugh. :D
Especially the ones that think you're going to buy from them.

·
Green Go
376 Posts

Do you have a high end braking system on it like Brembo for example? Even then that seems way too high.....

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

I believe Hertz rents Cherokees with those same brake pads for $39 a day. ;) :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Those are Brembo's on that SUV right? I would find out what the parts department is recommending versus your local auto parts store.....I would not want to put some substandard pads on Brembo's.......if you are comparing apples to apples and still that much of a diff, then I would FU to the dealer...but compare apples to apples 1st...

my .02

·
Registered
342 Posts
Throw this at them.

2004-2008 Lamborghini Gallardo EBC Brake Pad Set List Price: $156.12Our Price:$148.32You save:$7.80 (5%)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts