Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,120 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Biggest thing I see missing is cap's on the interest rates. So here we go again, the ones that don't pay on time get reduced penalities and the peeps that pay on time get nothing.

There were too many "could see" and "might be" in the report that it's hardly anything to get worked up about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It appears that you've never been on the shitty end of credit card practices. Fock em, tie their hands a little..or a lot
Do you really think more government regulation will help? If the government dictated to you how you can, and can't earn a living what would you do? Find other ways to make money, right? What do you think these companies are going to do, lower their profit predictions and tell their stock holders, gee sorry, the President is limiting our profit so there isn't anything left for you. I don't think so.

I've had my run in's with a few companies, 9/10X it was my fault. Overall I use my cards responsibly. More fees will only take away what little benefit they offered to begin with. Everyone loses in the end.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like everybody was in favor of it. ;)

The House passed the reform bill by a 361-64 vote on Wednesday. The Senate had voted, 90-5, for the measure on Tuesday.
I don't see where I blamed the Dems 100% :p. We have idiots in Washington. My 12yr old paperboy has more common sense than those fools.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
On the other side however, there are a lot of people that don't. I was one if them at one point. So now, the fees are jacked and rates are seen at 28%. I could care less about reward programs at this point. I don't need NFL gear from swiping their card.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I hate to say it but WAY TO GO...for the GUN bill that was attached to it....Once signed by the Pres....huge win for the NRA and citizens legally being able to carry a firearm in national parks..Been on Lake Mead many times where I wished I had my loaded firearm with me (Legally :D ) for those "Just in Case moments" ....this applies to CCW's..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate to say it but WAY TO GO...for the GUN bill that was attached to it....Once signed by the Pres....huge win for the NRA and citizens legally being able to carry a firearm in national parks..Been on Lake Mead many times where I wished I had my loaded firearm with me (Legally :D ) for those "Just in Case moments" ....this applies to CCW's also...
I didn't realize that was attached to the same bill. Another deal with the devil I guess. No more charging guns on a credit card. :)grn

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
May 20th...

National Park Gun Rules: Senate Passes New Law for Parks

Congress restored a policy first enacted by the Bush administration which allowed loaded, concealed, firearms in National Parks for citizens who possess a valid concealed carry firearms permit from their state. Fox News is reporting on the story here. Last year 51 senators, from both parties, asked the Department of Interior to change the rules related to firearm possession inside national parks. The senators asked the Department to change the rule so that the rules in National Parks would mirror those of the state where the park is located. Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla) sponsored the bill, which was added as an amendment to the Credit Card Reform bill that is working its way through Congress.

Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) The rule was changed under the Bush administration to allow concealed carry permit holders to carry firearms in national parks in accordance with State Laws. I know that guns are an emotional subject, but this rule change was a nice dose of common sense. Like all good things it has faced opposition, and in March 2009 a Federal Judge invalidated the rule change and prevented the implementation of the rule from going forward.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I didn't realize that was attached to the same bill. Another deal with the devil I guess. No more charging guns on a credit card. :)grn
Another great point is that you have states like Nevada and Utah that you have to drive through national parks to get home or around traffic at times, so you would legally have to go to the check point, (legally) inform them that you are carrying a fire arm, dismatal your firearm when you drive through the park (utah) even though you are licensed with a CCW in that state then put the firearm back together once you drive out of the park...Nevada has a lot of desert in the National parks at Lake Mead...take a drive through there at night knowing Metro has found bodies every few months out there and tell me you would not want to legally have your firearm with you :D:D

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Do you really think more government regulation will help? If the government dictated to you how you can, and can't earn a living what would you do? Find other ways to make money, right? What do you think these companies are going to do, lower their profit predictions and tell their stock holders, gee sorry, the President is limiting our profit so there isn't anything left for you. I don't think so.

I've had my run in's with a few companies, 9/10X it was my fault. Overall I use my cards responsibly. More fees will only take away what little benefit they offered to begin with. Everyone loses in the end.
There were thousands of people that had never missed a payment that had there rates arbitrarily raised because of balances on various lines that were in good standing. Getting rid of that dirty practice is a decent benefit to many. Many of the rate increases these companies were doing had nothing to do with poor payment history.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There were thousands of people that had never missed a payment that had there rates arbitrarily raised because of balances on various lines that were in good standing. Getting rid of that dirty practice is a decent benefit to many. Many of the rate increases these companies were doing had nothing to do with poor payment history.

I'm thinking of the backlash. These crooks will find other ways to hit their numbers. And they'll blame it on the gov't, and the gov't will point right back at them. And we'll be stuck in the middle, again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good points Charlie

·
Day Laborer
119 Posts
I didn't spend time reading reply to this topic though I just opened the mail and received a notice that my rate will be changing to 14% over prime WTF.

Funny how i received today didn't the bill just get passed and I got the letter the same day!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didn't spend time reading reply to this topic though I just opened the mail and received a notice that my rate will be changing to 14% over prime WTF.

Funny how i received today didn't the bill just get passed and I got the letter the same day!

hold on to your shorts, more is on the way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts