Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I feel so special to be the first.:D

In all seriousness...

Statistically speaking, one good review will generate a potential 3 interests. One bad review will extend to 13 different possible consumers.

Now on a public forum I would have to assume those numbers increase by a small margin. :D

Great review and glad to hear everything is up and running. Now go grab a beer and sit and stare at your boat, its time to start enjoying.:)devil

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comment:

I sure wish magazines did these kinds of reviews I would buy 10 year subscriptions:D.

It is all good for me ran the Absolute Poker Run with that drive on. I just wish the customer service made the price pill easier to digest.

I think the drama threads garner more reading than anything informational ever does maybe I am wrong but it sure seems that way.

Hey! my Captn and Coke is getting watered down time to get a fresh one:)devil.

KAP

P.S. Thank You Phebus---you are such a gentleman:).

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Comment:

I sure wish magazines did these kinds of reviews I would buy 10 year subscriptions:D.

It is all good for me ran the Absolute Poker Run with that drive on. I just wish the customer service made the price pill easier to digest.

I think the drama threads garner more reading than anything informational ever does maybe I am wrong but it sure seems that way.

Hey! my Captn and Coke is getting watered down time to get a fresh one:)devil.

KAP

P.S. Thank You Phebus---you are such a gentleman:).

Because the mags are hostage to the money a good review supplies, and dont have the balls to tell it like it is.

Thanks bud!

UD

·
Registered
47 Posts
KAP -

I appreciate the honesty in the review. Even with the number of times we have talked I didn't realize the vast learning curve you had to live through on this journey. You certainly seemed to have kept a level head throughout the last year :)devil! Great job and I'll see you soon.

P.S. If it ever stops raining I'll finish my testing and return your props! I was scheduled to be in Havasu on Monday, but that trip was postponed again due to inclement weather. Next scheduled trip is 2/8.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great review. Is there anybody currently testing one on a single engine V?
Comment:

There is a guy with a Velocity but I have never heard from him nor have I seen the boat. Allegedly, it works but I have no personal knowledge regarding his project.

KAP -

I appreciate the honesty in the review. Even with the number of times we have talked I didn't realize the vast learning curve you had to live through on this journey. You certainly seemed to have kept a level head throughout the last year :)devil! Great job and I'll see you soon.

P.S. If it ever stops raining I'll finish my testing and return your props! I was scheduled to be in Havasu on Monday, but that trip was postponed again due to inclement weather. Next scheduled trip is 2/8.
No problem! I just hope those props are the ticket for your boat. The learning curve was more like a baptism by fire and using my money and time to stoke it:)Unsure.

We should meet up and have lunch again that was very nice perhaps Havasu Springs if we can just coordinate our schedules. I would like it if Phebus could show up as well:).

KAP

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Low speed manuvering? That was something you mentioned in your original post as something that was important to you; however, didn't comment on it in your review. How was the docking and loading on and off of a trailer?

Addition:
How many hours did you have on the MMW drive with no failures, or did you have failures? How many hours do you currently have on the X Power? It seems that you switched drives for added reliability, not because you had a failure, is that assumption correct?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Comment:

We should meet up and have lunch again that was very nice perhaps Havasu Springs if we can just coordinate our schedules. I would like it if Phebus could show up as well:).

KAP
My schedule is open from 2/15 through 3/29. Let me know when and where and I'll buy! The Springs would be the perfect spot. I happen to know a guy there that has a great sunset view from his patio :D!

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Low speed manuvering? That was something you mentioned in your original post as something that was important to you; however, didn't comment on it in your review. How was the docking and loading on and off of a trailer?
Good question.

The docking is just like a bravo very smooth manageable and the loading and off loading is no different provided your engine is idling at less than 1000RPM's if it is any higher shifting will be very difficult.

The drive is tucked under my swim step for the most part and doesn't really stick out like some other drive companies. Below are some pictures for reference:

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Kap, thank you for the review. Although, at this time, I'm not at the power level you are it's good to hear a personal experience. I'm glad there are other options for power/drives but it's the real seat time that tells the whole story on what it takes to get there.

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
Great review Kap. I have 2 questions.

What was the height difference in regards too the x dimension to the MMW?

Are you gonna put a drive guard on that trailer now? I would after reading what this cost you.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great review Kap. I have 2 questions.

What was the height difference in regards too the x dimension to the MMW?

Are you gonna put a drive guard on that trailer now? I would after reading what this cost you.
Yeah! I'm sure a lot of people would like to know the answer to this question. Sorry:)!

No I think my insurance would pay for any damage resulting from being struck from behind by another vehicle.

You are a very patient man. I believe your wife's quiet, humble attitude has rubbed off on you! Good thing!
Yes! My wife is an amazing woman she put up with a lot of stuff during this time. I just wish she would have slapped me into reality:D. I could have 3-4 complete IMCO SCT drives sitting in my shop with different gear ratios and props to go with them;):)grn for the same price.

KAP

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes! My wife is an amazing woman she put up with a lot of stuff during this time. I just wish she would have slapped me into reality:D. I could have 3-4 complete IMCO SCT drives sitting in my shop with different gear ratios and props to go with them;):)grn for the same price.

KAP
Kap - Very nicely written review! You probably wouldn't have listened even if she had slapped you around a little. Thanks for the plug.

Steve

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kap - Very nicely written review! You probably wouldn't have listened even if she had slapped you around a little. Thanks for the plug.

Steve
Thanks I was being nice when I wrote the review:D and you know when you read it. Your right I probably wouldn't have listened. It's not a plug you really helped me along the way and for that I am very grateful:)devil.

I know when I buy a boat from you the customer service will be for life:D. Perhaps you can write a book on the topic a lot of companies could use a manual on how to provide good customer service to existing customers:D laughing.

KAP

FYI---If anyone is interested in an awesome company that builds a great boat for the price and excellent customer service contact Steve Tripp at Revolution Performance Marine in Alabama. Now that is a plug:D.

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Yeah! I'm sure a lot of people would like to know the answer to this question. Sorry:)!

No I think my insurance would pay for any damage resulting from being struck from behind by another vehicle.

KAP
That comment threw me? Is this now classified info?

Financial blunder I would agree but who's fault is that? I mean the hidden cost sure, those suck but you could have walked when they didn't honor the $30K price. I mean the $5K on top of the $34K didn't take it over the top IMO the $34K did that. I'm sure you could have shopped for install prices most manufactures don't do installs. I agree manufacture should have been a lot more helpful in setup info as it could only benefit them in future purchases. Sounds like before you purchased the drive you should have a lot more questions but I'm sure those didn't come around till later. Live and learn I guess and it sounds like it works good finally and I hope the summer is even better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That comment threw me? Is this now classified info?

Financial blunder I would agree but who's fault is that? I mean the hidden cost sure, those suck but you could have walked when they didn't honor the $30K price. I mean the $5K on top of the $34K didn't take it over the top IMO the $34K did that. I'm sure you could have shopped for install prices most manufactures don't do installs. I agree manufacture should have been a lot more helpful in setup info as it could only benefit them in future purchases. Sounds like before you purchased the drive you should have a lot more questions but I'm sure those didn't come around till later. Live and learn I guess and it sounds like it works good finally and I hope the summer is even better.
In all of my conversations with KAP along with his posts here. He has fully admitted that the financial blunder is his. The real issue is that Bill constantly charged him for spacer changes on a drive that is still (in my opinion) in the R&D stages as far as setup is concerned. Everyone was/is learning what this drive wants yet Bill is putting that expense completely on his customers. IMO there is a cost to putting any product in the market place and your customers should not be the ones to bear that cost.

That being said, I do believe that the drive is the strongest shifting drive available. It is also a very nice piece. I would like to see them get the cost down to something that more performance boaters can afford.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts