Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I guess it depends on set up - its the F29 bottom and that has ran 105+ with HOs. They did only build one of them though.

As for the graphics - I was told it was painted by Deano's in Scottsdale, AZ.

Great looking boat :)

Roln 20s

I was gonna say that DCB's gell work has come A LONG WAY. I wanted them to do those shadows with gell and couldn't. Hard to beat paint for true custom work.

AND I agree..... 100mph is very obtainable.

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was gonna say that DCB's gell work has come A LONG WAY. I wanted them to do those shadows with gell and couldn't. Hard to beat paint for true custom work.

I think that some of these features could have been pulled off by JW and Ultra and also the Lavey Camires, but no shot for the DCB guys.

I'd do a custom painted one without hesitation - they look absolutely sick.

Roln 20s

·
Dazed and confused!
491 Posts

I call bs... Maybe if its propped really big and takes for ever to get out of the water he may have a outside chance. If I recall correctly Dark Angel had 525's and could only get 107 with huge props.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
the dark angel boat you are talking about is a open bow, which usually slows the boat down a couple ticks. my bud has a f-29 with 525's and its good for about 109-111, his is poker run interior and closed bow. he also has only a stage I stereo which takes a good amount of weight out of the boat. the nice part is, so he claims, it will always run 109 hot, 5 people, loads of gas... like i said this is what he claims.

as for a f-29 with twin ho's, maybe grab a 100 when all the stars are aligned. a sport deck, no chance, that boat is definitely heavier then a typical f-29 and with all that weight up front it is real hard to get that boat to free up. im guessing he is seeing 90-92 max, but hell with that paint job whos cares how fast it runs, congrats man you have a bitchen one of a kind boat.... :)devil

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.