Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Kickass game. Turned it on in the 8th and was blessed with a few innings of great ball. A-Rod kicked the curse.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Bases loaded no outs in the 11th....you deserve to lose.

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Please tell me the umpire on the left field line didn't have money on that game..... Clearly the ball Mauer hit was fair when player touched in fair ground oh! and when it hit 2' on the fair side of the line. That would have been a GRD and Mauer on 2nd followed by 2 hits and he scores easily and that changes the complexion of the game. Now do the Twins go on to win? who knows but I know they lost at least 1 run by a piss poor call from an Umpire that was standing RIGHT THERE!!!!:|err

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Please tell me the umpire on the left field line didn't have money on that game..... Clearly the ball Mauer hit was fair when player touched in fair ground oh! and when it hit 2' on the fair side of the line. That would have been a GRD and Mauer on 2nd followed by 2 hits and he scores easily and that changes the complexion of the game. Now do the Twins go on to win? who knows but I know they lost at least 1 run by a piss poor call from an Umpire that was standing RIGHT THERE!!!!:|err
I tried to understand the call, what part of what was he looking at? What could he have been thinking,,was he looking at Melky's face? Was he looking at Melky's glove?I'm a Yankees fan but dam, I'm sure even bad calls have one point of view that I'm not thinking about but in this case,I can't find it.
There are bad calls in every game, can't say that it cost the Twins the game though, cause if you say that, you'd have to figure in Chuck Meriweather's strange strike zone. He consistently burned Burnett on the wide right side zone to lefty's, but the zone didn't go wide left on righty's, it stayed where it was ,inside. For some strange reason I saw this happening from my couch,,but neither catcher or pitchers played it that way. None of the pitchers consistently painted his off center strike zone. Twins stung every Yankee pitcher, but it was Arod's and Texiera's game.

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
I tried to understand the call, what part of what was he looking at? What could he have been thinking,,was he looking at Melky's face? Was he looking at Melky's glove?I'm a Yankees fan but dam, I'm sure even bad calls have one point of view that I'm not thinking about but in this case,I can't find it.
There are bad calls in every game, can't say that it cost the Twins the game though, cause if you say that, you'd have to figure in Chuck Meriweather's strange strike zone. He consistently burned Burnett on the wide right side zone to lefty's, but the zone didn't go wide left on righty's, it stayed where it was ,inside. For some strange reason I saw this happening from my couch,,but neither catcher or pitchers played it that way. None of the pitchers consistently painted his off center strike zone. Twins stung every Yankee pitcher, but it was Arod's and Texiera's game.
I agree 1 play doesn't make or break a game but that hurt the Twins because they didn't score that inning. Then Tex's HR only ties the game and they still might be playing. To me something that obvious is horrible and that umpire should be out for the rest of the playoffs. Balls and strikes as long as he's consistent I'm ok with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts