Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 New sleeves and 8 new pistons.

Been running the used stuff that was in it when we traded for it. Now that we know it is going to live this should fix us up through next season. Wonderful feeling tight pistons. :)

Attachments

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Theres always a weak link.... All you can do is keep them minimised :thumb:

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
poor chevys and there bore spacing, so is it the same piston a prior then? you guys gonna make smokin?

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Don't look like they have alot of compression. That's sweet! I learned compression is not your friend.

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
poor chevys and there bore spacing, so is it the same piston a prior then? you guys gonna make smokin?
Same pistons as before. Seem to be working pretty well.

We will be in Choteau Marble Falls and Wheatland before SITC

Don't look like they have alot of compression. That's sweet! I learned compression is not your friend.

Don't need much Patty. Have a hard enough time keeping it slowed down as it is. The cam is a baby also.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Same pistons as before. Seem to be working pretty well.

We will be in Choteau Marble Falls and Wheatland before SITC

Don't need much Patty. Have a hard enough time keeping it slowed down as it is. The cam is a baby also.
I wanna do the purcell money race and wheatland next year but with circle racing and a new daughter Momma needs convincing

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanna do the purcell money race and wheatland next year but with circle racing and a new daughter Momma needs convincing
We always loved the Purcell race. Just need to have another one some how.

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope it all works out great for you guys Ron. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Hass. Those old pistons were so loose lol the rings hung out so far it would wear a step in them. Amazing a couple of them lived after opening up the pinched ring grooves on the lathe.

Pretty sure the learning curves have been straightened out.

I could see Dillon start the engine from the out ramp. Blue smoke signal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts