Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18ft Challenger jet, I have a fresh 454 4-bolt main big block with everything to assemble it and put it back in the boat. I hand grenaded the old engine which ran this at about 120-130mph flat out. This engine will be better, balanced, I polished the ports, new 550 lift 294 duration cam, tunnel ram. Put it back together and have fun. Tandem axle trailer. Had back surgery and will not be able to drive it on the water. I have had the boat covered with a custom made cover. 3500.00 or best offer, no reasonable offer is insulting.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/726114006.html

This guy has a diluted sense of humor. Does he really think this boat ran 120-130 mph???

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Holy wow! No wonder I'm not hitting 120, Im running too much lift. I should bring it down from 670 to 550 then I'll be racing with the big dogs!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Imsure he is embellishing some...but the plates on that boat look like a legit foot pedal setup. Not a lot of jets with that. Could be an old school circle boat...They've been known to be pretty quick.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Hey douche, why would you omit the "clocked at 122"??? Its a legit, fast boat, but it seems the intention of your thread was to bash yet another boat. Some of these boats we see on the net for sale are openly laughable at the claimed speed, but you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. :|err

2,056 Posts
Hey douche, why would you omit the "clocked at 122"??? Its a legit, fast boat, but it seems the intention of your thread was to bash yet another boat. Some of these boats we see on the net for sale are openly laughable at the claimed speed, but you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. :|err
I'm a bit confused by your post. Are you trying to say that you believe this Challenger was actually clocked at 122? :)bulb

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Foot pedal?

Imsure he is embellishing some...but the plates on that boat look like a legit foot pedal setup. Not a lot of jets with that. Could be an old school circle boat...They've been known to be pretty quick.
Boy you have some good eyes if you see a foot pedal in those pics. More than likely a fixed plate, adjustable, but fixed. You really don't want to "down plate" a jet into a turn..........MP

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Douche??? How many boats are for sale on craiglist or other sites that say they will do a hell of a lot faster than they actually will? Almost all of them. If this boat does 120-130 then that is great but I believe he has stretched the truth a bit!!! I am not bashing a boat, it just doesn't seem reasonable.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Oh, and another thing, Douche! His original posting didn't have the" clocked at 122 mph" in it. I simply cut and pasted the original posting minus his name and phone number. And there were no pics!

·
Registered
41 Posts
With those Cast Iron STOCK heads and the STOCK crank/Rods I don't think that boat will see even 85mph.
Just my $.02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts