Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you have to say about this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html?_r=1&hp

The company reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion, and said $5.1 billion of the total came from its operations in the United States.
Its American tax bill? None. In fact, G.E. claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion.

Absolutly unexcusable....this :asshat: (CEO of GE) is connected at the right hip of another :asshat: (CIC).

There may be a little something else going on with the way Jeffery is checking out his ass???????????????:gay::)gay:(:homoswitchxo7:

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

The company reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion, and said $5.1 billion of the total came from its operations in the United States.
Its American tax bill? None. In fact, G.E. claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion.

Absolutly unexcusable....this :asshat: (CEO of GE) is connected at the right hip of another :asshat: (CIC).

There may be a little something else going on with the way Jeffery is checking out his ass???????????????:gay::)gay:(:homoswitchxo7:

Call it professional courtesy among thieves....??

(See the "Zombie, what do you make of this?" thread.)

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Does that mean the government paid them $3.2 bil?
Or, relieved them of $3.2 Billion of obligation to the US Government. Imagine if Bush had done this??????? hil:) hil:)

ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, etc. would run this story front page/top story all day for a year. As it is, their messiah gets another pass.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
I hate to say this, but all big businesses are playing this game....along with charging the govt double for sevices and products provided....pa-tri-O-tic!

I say drop a hammer on anyone who screws the govt.....and eliminate the tax loop holes.....

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

I am going to guess it was President Obama that was drinking the Diet Coke on the table.:D It's always old fat white dudes.:D:D

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Perfectly legal....

What GE has done was/is perfectly legal. We need to change the tax laws that allow such abuse, not condemn those that are smart enough to use these "loop holes". If every large corporation were checked out, you would see this is not unusual, in fact, it is the norm..... Wait until the "carbon credit" scheme gets rolling/traded/sold..... Back in the day, Howard Hughes created the "Howard Hughes Medical Foundation" as a huge, pay nothing, tax deduction......(The gov't forced him to sell his interest in TWA, he then loaned the gov't the money, received over 100K a DAY in interest, and paid zero tax on either transaction)...
I'm sure the GE accountants are paid very well....
Ray

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Guys on the left: :lalala:

There is no hiding it. America has become a nation " By the corporations, for the corporations". Big money interests to make more big money has perverted our republic into a sewer of corruption and special deals for special interests. Too bad we have devolved into this situation..which is leading us into decline faster than any other empire decline in history.
If the founding fathers could come back from the grave, I'm sure they would start a purge from the top of all the political and corporate rats and pigs from Washington.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
There is no hiding it. America has become a nation " By the corporations, for the corporations". Big money interests to make more big money has perverted our republic into a sewer of corruption and special deals for special interests. Too bad we have devolved into this situation..which is leading us into decline faster than any other empire decline in history.
If the founding fathers could come back from the grave, I'm sure they would start a purge from the top of all the political and corporate rats and pigs from Washington.
I have a feeling that if our fore fathers came back the first thing they would purge would be the Gov. And not just the people but entire agencies.Lobbiest can lobby all they want. It takes crooked Gov to allow or make regulations that benifit private entities. You rail and rail against corperations but it is the Gov that allow's them to do what they do. Just look at the thread on GE not paying tax's or any other corperation for that matter. If they break no laws and take advantage of all the tax loopholes they can then how is it thier fault. Your preacous gov set the groundrules. They are just playing the game the Gov is refereeing.:)sphss

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I have a feeling that if our fore fathers came back the first thing they would purge would be the Gov. And not just the people but entire agencies.Lobbiest can lobby all they want. It takes crooked Gov to allow or make regulations that benifit private entities. You rail and rail against corperations but it is the Gov that allow's them to do what they do. Just look at the thread on GE not paying tax's or any other corperation for that matter. If they break no laws and take advantage of all the tax loopholes they can then how is it thier fault. Your preacous gov set the groundrules. They are just playing the game the Gov is refereeing.:)sphss
Well said. Don't hate the player, hate the game. That was for you Z. :)hand

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
What's there to say? It is wrong and needs to be dealt with, Moneypit hit it on the head. If you think it is the result of this administration's policy you are wrong. The President should, however, be very careful about who he spends his time with.

I am all for reform - immigration, tax, tort, healthcare, insurance, etc.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Guess why the "ground rules" are what they are?.....If you think real carefully you will figure out the "ground rules" were lobbied for.....Again think real carefully by who?....The crooked corporate lobbyists , special interests lawyers, and their corrupting millions in corporate donations to feeble minded unethical elected officials begging for money. The big money corporate players paid, made"suggestions", and purchased the beneficial "ground rules" they find so advantageous. Blame elected officials from both parties who set in place the "ground rules" paid for by by greedy corporations. I know they did not teach you this in high school :)hand

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Obvious ethics....

What's there to say? It is wrong and needs to be dealt with, Moneypit hit it on the head. If you think it is the result of this administration's policy you are wrong. The President should, however, be very careful about who he spends his time with.

I am all for reform - immigration, tax, tort, healthcare, insurance, etc.
You'd really think obam's handlers would warn him about the obvious "appearance" of unethical relationships... Z's continual mention of "corporate greed" seems to ignore the real players in this administration's agenda. Greed in the highest form from the "one world order" proponents... Does anyone really believe Soros isn't in this for the almighty buck?...
Ray

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
You'd really think obam's handlers would warn him about the obvious "appearance" of unethical relationships... Z's continual mention of "corporate greed" seems to ignore the real players in this administration's agenda. Greed in the highest form from the "one world order" proponents... Does anyone really believe Soros isn't in this for the almighty buck?...
Ray
I don't know Ray, I doubt any of the so called handlers can/ would give him any advice.
Between his arrogance, and the "suck up" nature of his staff.
He is "The all knowing messiah" after all......

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Ray

Soros like many the others, right or left, are in it for money and power and also for the power and money. The two are interchangeable. Money to them is like tap water to the rest of us. I do believe some politically motivated billionaires like Soros and the Kochs become so locked into their personal philosophy and agenda they fanatically piss away millions trying to accomplish it and force it on the rest of us. I have no problem with honest corporations or billionaires. Just with the ones who use their vast money and power to interfere with, seek special treatment, and create policies, or support politicians who are best for them and not best for the nation overall..

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I have no problem with honest corporations or billionaires.
Really? May I refer you to your past few years of constant whining about how bad any and all corporations, businesses, enterprises or companies are. You speak as if they are worse than the black plague while they provide the very income you receive each payday and provide jobs, goods and services vital to the existence of America as we know it.

You are going to have to decide which it is there Z. Either the concept of private sector enterprise is good or bad but you can't have it both ways.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Guess why the "ground rules" are what they are?.....If you think real carefully you will figure out the "ground rules" were lobbied for.....Again think real carefully by who?....The crooked corporate lobbyists , special interests lawyers, and their corrupting millions in corporate donations to feeble minded unethical elected officials begging for money. The big money corporate players paid, made"suggestions", and purchased the beneficial "ground rules" they find so advantageous. Blame elected officials from both parties who set in place the "ground rules" paid for by by greedy corporations. I know they did not teach you this in high school :)hand
Again you still cannot come to grips with the truth as it will not fit your hatred for corperations. No matter how much money or preasure a lobbiest applys it takes a gov official to accept. It's like the mob paying off the police. It takes a crooked cop to allow criminals to buy thier way out. Again I will say it. Lobbiest can lobby all they want. They do not write the bills and make the laws and regulations. The Gov makes the laws and regulations. ZYou can twist it any way you want but the bottom line is it is Gov that controls it all. No lobbiest or corperation can influence a bill unless thier is a crooked politician willing to play.:)hand:)hand:)hand:)hand

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Again you still cannot come to grips with the truth as it will not fit your hatred for corperations. No matter how much money or preasure a lobbiest applys it takes a gov official to accept. It's like the mob paying off the police. It takes a crooked cop to allow criminals to buy thier way out. Again I will say it. Lobbiest can lobby all they want. They do not write the bills and make the laws and regulations. The Gov makes the laws and regulations. ZYou can twist it any way you want but the bottom line is it is Gov that controls it all. No lobbiest or corperation can influence a bill unless thier is a crooked politician willing to play.:)hand:)hand:)hand:)hand

I agree with what you are saying. However, the only way most politicians get elected is by raising a big war chest of donated money accompanied by big fat IOUs!!! It is kind of a self fulfilling prophesy. The corporate fat cats get their man or women in office then call in the IOUs when they want a little special attention on a matter. BTW AZmandella, many fatcats usually donate to both parties. The new apparent conservative hero Donald Trump recently gave Democrats a shit load of cash. Helped Rahm Emanuel win in Chicago. How do all you conservatives view that? Kind of shows "The Donald" for what a phony he is. The system is rotten to the core. .

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
Really? May I refer you to your past few years of constant whining about how bad any and all corporations, businesses, enterprises or companies are. You speak as if they are worse than the black plague while they provide the very income you receive each payday and provide jobs, goods and services vital to the existence of America as we know it.

You are going to have to decide which it is there Z. Either the concept of private sector enterprise is good or bad but you can't have it both ways.
I refer you to the "60 minutes" thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts